Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I wonder how many people, who are for same-sex marriage, will be willing to fight the same battle for brothers and sisters to legally marry...for first cousins to legally marry... Honestly, what right do we have to tell people, who honestly love each other and want to be with each other, that they cannot because it's "wrong"?

Just a thought.
Brother/sister marrying is illegal because of hte genetic mess it can create when having children. Seriously, comparing that? Just as bad as people who compare gay marriage to allowing people to marry animals.

Ok, so for those against gay marriage but for "traditional" marriage (regardless of whether or not govt is involved) answer the same question.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
And every time you open your mouth you score an own goal. Every, single, time. Please keep going.
My mom can beat up your mom. LOL
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
So I guess you have a problem with a brother and a sister getting married?

How is this topic relevant? Because it's two adults making a choice, yet being denied marriage because it's morally "wrong". Sounds like you could swap "brother and sister" with "man and man" in this context.

And because it shows that even people who fight for their own "liberation" (as you will), have no problems imposing restrictions upon others.
Gay marriage and incest are on a WHOLE different page. I can't even see how they're comparable

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

I'm leaving this issue as well. Like Puck, my Christian beliefs mold and shape me into the human I am. I am not a hateful, ignorant, prejudiced moron, but rather a person who does her best to live as instructed by God (who, may I remind you, has instructed us to LOVE on another). I know my stance on this issue, and it is what it is.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I, for one, have NO problem with others hating gay people or disagreeing with gay marriage. I have a problem with people trying to prevent gay people having equal rights.

The bible says that slavery is ace. Should we go back to that?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Brother/sister marrying is illegal because of hte genetic mess it can create when having children. Seriously, comparing that? Just as bad as people who compare gay marriage to allowing people to marry animals.

Ok, so for those against gay marriage but for "traditional" marriage (regardless of whether or not govt is involved) answer the same question.
Ummm, who says the people in question even want children?

Again, I'm not comparing homosexuals with pigs. Do not even try to put those types of words in my mouth.

You're missing the basic point: that people have no problems telling others that they cannot marry, yet get royally pissed off if the same is done to them.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
My mom can beat up your mom. LOL
I'm sure she could. My mother is quite weak from chemotherapy.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
So I guess you have a problem with a brother and a sister getting married?

How is this topic relevant? Because it's two adults making a choice, yet being denied marriage because it's morally "wrong". Sounds like you could swap "brother and sister" with "man and man" in this context.

And because it shows that even people who fight for their own "liberation" (as you will), have no problems imposing restrictions upon others.
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about brother/sister marriage. There are serious consequences to producing children in such a relationship. And I don't think it would ever come to a legal battle, solely because of the inherent ick factor so I probably won't ever have to decide how I feel.

What I think is that you're snowballing and trying to divert the topic so you don't have to answer the question. I notice that Puck has already bailed on the topic so I'm guessing no one is going to answer.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I, for one, have NO problem with others hating gay people or disagreeing with gay marriage. I have a problem with people trying to prevent gay people having equal rights.

The bible says that slavery is ace. Should we go back to that?
Sooo....if you are against same-sex marriage, you obviously hate gay people?

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ummm, who says the people in question even want children?

Again, I'm not comparing homosexuals with pigs. Do not even try to put those types of words in my mouth.

You're missing the basic point: that people have no problems telling others that they cannot marry, yet get royally pissed off if the same is done to them.
I didnt say they necessarily did, I am saying pretty sure thats how the law came about Nobility was doing it all the time and having some serious issues so it became taboo. I still dont think its relevant.

I didnt say you compared them to pigs, I said it reminds me of the argument people use against gay marriage, the whole "whats next".

If there were a compelling amountt of brothers and sisters that wanted to get married for legit reasons (ie not being coerced, forced, etc) and could make valid reasons why, I would consider it. Yes, my initial reaction is ick but so what, I would still listen and question my reasons as to why