Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah I can't help but feel it's nothing more than it being an election year. He had 4 years to speak out but he waits until JUST before an election. convenient. I just can't help but think political ploy rather than personal stance.

As for what the bible says.... I'm not saying the government should pass laws based on what the bible says but when you put out a vote to the people of the country you can't expect them to not consider the source of their values. IMO, our sins are between God and the individual and it's not up to us to pass laws for or against them but when many people draw their morals and values from God you can't expect them to just forget about that when they vote. People get their values from different sources I suppose but you can't ask everyone to just forget about your beliefs and values when you vote... otherwise what the heck is the point of voting? wow that was repetetive lol

As for previous quotes from the bible, it is important that you consider old testament vs new testament. When Jesus died on the cross it created a new covenant between man and God. A lot of things changed when that happened. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb if you will... his blood was shed for our sins. that's not to say we should just go around doing whatever we want because it's paid for by his blood. The old covenant was broken and a new covenant was created.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
What are the reasons then? I've not ever heard a good reason for keeping two people (who are harming no one) apart. I'm not being snarky here - I'm genuinely interested in hearing reasons to back up this rule.
I get to upset when discussing this issue which is why I am letting graphics explain my emotions lol

Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I don't understand why the Bible should define marriage. Why are certain passages acceptable and others are not?
If you really want to know the answer to that question, there are plenty of courses in biblical studies out there, both in religious and non-religious institutions. I suspect you don't actually want to know the answer, but if you are honestly asking, what you're looking for is what the coming of Jesus had to do with Mosaic law and the covenants of the OT... or maybe the purpose of Mosaic law as it relates to the coming of Jesus would be a better way to put it?

Biblical studies are no small task though, since the Bible is not really a small book. You could honestly spend weeks just on this one subject. There's plenty of argument out there, too, about what exactly it means, which is good because the argument tends to lead to a better understanding. The quality studies will address the original Greek of the NT and look at what exactly those words meant. The translation issue is a huge one as it relates to what is written in the Bible.

As to his comments, I do think it's rather convenient timing. It makes me feel jaded, but as somebody living in Illinois, I have a very good - and unfortunate - grasp on Obama and what he says and why. I was excited to vote for him once. Here's a hint: it wasn't when was running for president.
I AM however surprised that he would then say he thinks it's a states issue. I honestly didn't expect Obama to ever say "it's for the states to decide."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM
& the Muttly Crew

I would just like to say that this is exactly why I love your posts.

[QUOTE=Fran101;1988301]He said this one october 1st
"It happens when a father realizes he doesn’t just love his daughter, but also her wife. It happens when a soldier tells his unit that he’s gay, and they tell him they knew it all along and they didn’t care, because he was the toughest guy in the unit. It happens when a video sparks a movement to let every single young person know they’re not alone, and things will get better. It happens when people look past their ultimately minor differences to see themselves in the hopes and struggles of their fellow human beings. That’s where change is happening."
President Barack Obama

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Oh but I'm totally voting for him just because he is cool

Not because I'm a student, a woman and somebody who believes in equal rights.

It's only because he fist bumps michelle
[IMG]

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

If I could vote I would vote for him purely for that last picture. I think spousal fist bumps should be mandatory. Regardless of the gender of the spouses.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Yes, its election time but honestly, I dont see this getting him more votes. If anything it will probably lose him votes. NOt like his opposition if for gay marriage and he is trying to take some of his votes. He was already the most viable candidate to get equality. It may firm up some of his base, but not really add to it. I do think he probably always thought this but held back to get elected, annoying, but for some reason people in this country are ridiculous when it comes to same sex marriage.

I dont care what your religious views are, you dont get to oppress and deny a minority because of them. Dont like same sex marriage? Dont have one, go to churches that dont perform them, heck, you can "not recognize" them all you want! Same sex couples getting married is IN NO WAY whatsoever going to affect anyone but the couple getting married.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yeah I can't help but feel it's nothing more than it being an election year. He had 4 years to speak out but he waits until JUST before an election. convenient. I just can't help but think political ploy rather than personal stance.

As for what the bible says.... I'm not saying the government should pass laws based on what the bible says but when you put out a vote to the people of the country you can't expect them to not consider the source of their values. IMO, our sins are between God and the individual and it's not up to us to pass laws for or against them but when many people draw their morals and values from God you can't expect them to just forget about that when they vote. People get their values from different sources I suppose but you can't ask everyone to just forget about your beliefs and values when you vote... otherwise what the heck is the point of voting? wow that was repetetive lol

As for previous quotes from the bible, it is important that you consider old testament vs new testament. When Jesus died on the cross it created a new covenant between man and God. A lot of things changed when that happened. Jesus was the sacrificial lamb if you will... his blood was shed for our sins. that's not to say we should just go around doing whatever we want because it's paid for by his blood. The old covenant was broken and a new covenant was created.
Also known as "the old laws don't suit me anymore, oh well. Let's make new ones! Hooray!!"

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
I just had a thought. The priest who married Paul and I is married. To a man! Gasp! For shame. That makes our union invalid. Bwahahaha
Thanks for proving my point with this childish blabber. LOL "Bwhahahaha" Really?
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Also known as "the old laws don't suit me anymore, oh well. Let's make new ones! Hooray!!"
Wow. You REALLY do not understand what the Bible even says. Have you ever read it? I mean really?
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
You really don't have any idea what that means and thats OK but don't pretend to know what you are talking about. I didn't create the new testament.

I am not goin to ridicule you for your beliefs but if you feel the need to tidicule mine that is your perogative

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney