Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Which is wrong, and I'm sure anyone would agree that it's wrong to bring a child into a relationship to prove a point. Just like the people on the brink of divorce who have a kid to "save" their relationship. Or the people who have a kid to have an excuse to stay home and not work. Or the ones who have a kid so that they can **** off their parents and not allow grandma/grandpa to see them. All wrong.

Gay marriage =/= bringing a child into a screwed up home. Your sister and her partner aren't being good parents. There are plenty of same sex parents doing a great job, and plenty of horrid moms and dads out there as well.

I am a Christian. I love God, have read the Bible backwards and forwards, and studied gender/marriage/the Bible fairly in depth (I had to teach it to my middle school Bible study girls this year, and really, really solidified my own faith in doing so). I do not, for one instant, think that God is against same sex relationships. Paul and Timothy seem to preach against it in one way or another, but in the same letters they write about women not speaking in church, women not ever teaching men, and women keeping their heads covered at all times. Paul goes so far as to say it's best for people NEVER to get married (that the only reason we should is if we can't "control our lusts").

Even if I was against it...I wouldn't vote against it. That's denying people basic human rights, in my opinion.
I like this post. (Why do we not have a like button??? lol)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I like this post. (Why do we not have a like button??? lol)
Because this version of the platform we're on won't support it right now.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
I think you're confusing not getting your way all the time with persecution.
No, its not that. ("Getting my way" is a new one....) But I am not afraid of it either. Its pretty obvious to me what is coming. But I could be wrong, everything happens the way it is supposed to.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I just can't grasp the concept of people wanting to be considered equal and allowed certain freedoms, and then actively fighting to deny that same equality and those same freedoms to someone else. I grew up Catholic. I attended Catholic school for 13 years. I still think it's selfish to expect rights you agree with to be granted to you, and expect those you don't to be taken away from others.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Because this version of the platform we're on won't support it right now.
SHENANIGANS.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

No, I don't win. That much is clear. Fran wins this round. Hands down.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Would you vote for a law banning divorce?

How about a law banning sex before marriage?

I don't agree with people divorcing and remarrying over and over again, but it's none of my business so I would never try to push my ideals on other people.
#1, I think the government needs to back off. I do not think that there needs to be a law over every single thing.

#2, I believe there is a difference in making something "illegal" and making something "legal". I will not vote to make gay-marriage LEGAL. But I am not voting on making homosexuality ILLEGAL. I believe it is a sin, yes, but I do not believe people should be imprisoned for it. ILLEGAL implies that one will be punished by law should they do that act. I do not believe that every sin needs to be punished by jail time/fines/community service/etc. Some sins are between us and God. But I believe that me SUPPORTING gay-marriage by voting to make it LEGAL would not put me in the right place with God. But I do not think homosexuals deserve to be put in jail. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." God loves us even though we are sinners, We should love each other even though we sin, but that doesn't mean we should ENCOURAGE sinning.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Ho ho ho off.

Re parenting.

I work in child protection.

All my cases are from heterosexual parents. I am not aware of any gay couples under social care...
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I'm probably just repeating myself, but to me there is a clear line between the religious *Sacrament* of Marriage and the secular *Legal Contract* of Marriage. They share that "marriage" word but are not the same thing.

Gay couples do not have the right to the sacrament of marriage. Neither do straight couples. The religious entity can determine by whichever rules or traditions they choose who gets that or any other sacrament.

But the legal contract version? That qualifies, to my eyes, as a basic right. In this country we allow legal marriages to take place outside religious ceremonies. As long as that is true, the religious argument against certain marriages need not apply, IMO.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I am not a hateful, ignorant, prejudiced moron, but rather a person who does her best to live as instructed by God (who, may I remind you, has instructed us to LOVE on another).
God instructed his people to legislate other peoples' behavior? This is my problem with using religion as a basis for legislating things like who can get married. YOU follow the instructions not to get gay married all you like, but where exactly does God instruct you to vote for banning gay marriage? How hard is it to live and let live?

Like, there are some things I can understand (even if I don't agree) how you (the general you) can't separate your religious beliefs from what you think should be legislated - like, say, abortion - but this just... I just actually cannot wrap my head around how in the world instructions for personal behavior translate into secular legislation banning a behavior that harms no one and nothing for other people who may or may not believe in your god. That seriously is getting into theocracy territory to me. There are plenty of things that I believe quite deeply that guide my personal behavior that I wouldn't dream of imposing on other people through legislation.

I'm still waiting for a vote on banning divorce to come up, too. :/