Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Aroooooo!

Default Back again!

Umm so yeah. Does anyone even remember me?

Things are going... wonderfully actually.

My bf's... oh wait.. my FIANCE's. (squee!) son is now with us every other week.

More on that in a minute.

Yep. He proposed. April 13th, Friday the 13th. I was upset because I had gotten off work early and he was out shopping for tee shirts. I got mad that he wouldn't come get me. So I came home, showered, cleaned the backyard, then my SIL calls and says come over to your moms. (She lives on the same street)
So I go over there for like 15 min and then I said I wanna go home and wait for Eric. He should be home soon. Stores close soon. She says, just wait for me. My dad pulls me into his office to check something out on craigslist. She stalls me successfully for like 3 more minutes and then says she will follow me over.

I walk in the house and all the lights are off. Candles are lit. Omg this is it.

There he is standing behind Owen (his 7 year old son,) who was sitting in a chair in a suit. Owen says "Jennifer, we love you very much. We want to spend the rest of our lives with you. Will you marry us?" Yeah. I died.

I, of course, said yes. And we all hugged and celebrated. The wedding is next March.

In other news, Owen's mom seems to have gotten her life back on track. She completed an outpatient rehab program and has been sober for about 6 months now. We agreed to joint custody with her, (we previously had court ordered emergency full custody,) so long as she keeps up the good work. She's moved back in with her parents, and is going to nursing school. So as of right now, he's with us every other 7 days. Sunday to Sunday. It's weird on the weeks that we don't have him. We literally have nothing to do lol.

All the dogs are fine. Alive and kicking lol. Chance bonded with my fiance from day one so I rarely get any snugs from him. Nobody is chewing anything. Nobody is barking all the time. Everyone is happy and we take them out for walks all the time.

My life is finally where it's supposed to be

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Aroooooo!

Silly me. PICTURES!

Can I come?

Everyone going to the dog park

"Be it through intention or ignorance, our successes and our failures have been brought on by none other than ourselves." The art of racing in the rain.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Of course, I remember you! Wow its so good to hear the great news! Congrats! What a beautiful family

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
Of course, I remember you! Wow its so good to hear the great news! Congrats! What a beautiful family
Thanks you! It's amazing. I am looking back at some of my old threads, and rolling my eyes at myself. Like seriously. lol. I have grown up a LOT. It's amazing what suddenly being the only mother figure in a childs life for 6 months will do to you!

Old 05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
The Littlest Hound

Awwww congrats!!! Of course we remember you your family is beautiful - and what an ADORABLE way to propose! Perfect.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
Awwww congrats!!! Of course we remember you your family is beautiful - and what an ADORABLE way to propose! Perfect.
Thank you. And yes it was very "us."

Our wedding will be very family focused. Owen will be the one introducing us. And we will have a kid zone set up off the patio so the kids dont get bored.

My niece is going to be my flower girl. She's 2 now, and shes a friggin riot.

Here she is with Owen in my moms bed

and here we are

Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Love My Mutt <3

OMG SHE'S TWO?!

Congrats!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Of COURSE we remember you! Congrats and more congrats!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Top Dog

Yes, I remember you!! So glad to hear from you again, and such fantastic news + pictures of the BEAUTIFUL family

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looking forward to seeing more of you around.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Aroooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
OMG SHE'S TWO?!

Congrats!
I know RIGHT?! She can count to 10 in chinese and spanish too. thanks to dora and kai lan, lol. She's a friggin spitfire and I love every second with her. We have a little catchphrase. I say I love you oodles Munchkin and she says "I love you oodles too Jennifer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Of COURSE we remember you! Congrats and more congrats!
Thank you! I am thrilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Yes, I remember you!! So glad to hear from you again, and such fantastic news + pictures of the BEAUTIFUL family

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Looking forward to seeing more of you around.
Ahh how are you?! Hows that beautiful boy doing? Aside from not being the puppy I remember lol