Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

Excedrin does nothing for me.

I was on Pamelor and Baclofen for a looong time. I did end up getting botox in my neck and upper forehead and temple area, and the relief was heaven.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I did end up getting botox in my neck and upper forehead and temple area, and the relief was heaven.
WOW... I just googled botox for migraines after reading this and it's super interesting. My mom has a migraine almost every single day. The website I'm looking at says you get the injections every 12 weeks... is that what you did? Very interesting...
I have no idea how to suggest to my mom "hey you should totally look into getting botox!" LOL. Somehow I can't imagine this conversation going well for me.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Love My Mutt <3

yah, if I wasn't terrified of needles...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Recalls on excedrine???...
It's conncected to the Interceptor issues. Not exactly a recall, more like a holding back of stuff from the company. It's a quality control issue (as opposed to contamination). To put it simply, a different pill showed up in a bottle of one of their products.

A heads up for Excedrin users- you do know it has acetaminaphin in it, right? Which, with prolonged use can cause liver issues. We're 99.9% positive that's what my mother's liver trouble is from. She's had maybe 5 alcoholic drinks in her life, but she takes Tylenol, Excedrin, NyQuil, etc. I was serioulsy thinking about trying Excedrin Migraine- until I found out about it. Tylenol/acetaminaphin has never done anything for any pain I've had, so I can't see putting it into my system. Being a headache sufferer, I totaly understand taking whatever works. Just wanted to make sure all my "friends" knew about the acetaminphin.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
It's conncected to the Interceptor issues. Not exactly a recall, more like a holding back of stuff from the company. It's a quality control issue (as opposed to contamination). To put it simply, a different pill showed up in a bottle of one of their products.
Different pills and broken pills. It is a cross contamination issue, particularly if individuals are allergic to ingredients. Prescription medications are involved too.
It IS a recall, and the entire plant in Nebraska which is responsible for the problems has been SHUT DOWN. And the FDA will be watching over their shoulders while they bring it back up.
I know it's a lot more fun to pick on Diamond and pretend stuff like this doesn't happen elsewhere, but this is a big deal.
This is also not the first time they've had issues at this particular plant.

"Mixing of different products in the same bottle could result in consumers taking the incorrect product and receiving a higher or lower strength than intended or receiving an unintended ingredient. This could potentially result in overdose, interaction with other medications a consumer may be taking, or an allergic reaction if the consumer is allergic to the unintended ingredient. NCH is not aware of adverse events reported with the issues leading to the recall. This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Novartis Consumer Health will continue to work closely with the agency as well as its customers throughout this process."

http://www.novartis.com/newsroom/med.../1575836.shtml
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm286226.htm
http://journalstar.com/business/loca...cf3dd5b74.html
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFD.../UCM285976.pdf

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post

A heads up for Excedrin users- you do know it has acetaminaphin in it, right? Which, with prolonged use can cause liver issues. We're 99.9% positive that's what my mother's liver trouble is from. She's had maybe 5 alcoholic drinks in her life, but she takes Tylenol, Excedrin, NyQuil, etc. I was serioulsy thinking about trying Excedrin Migraine- until I found out about it. Tylenol/acetaminaphin has never done anything for any pain I've had, so I can't see putting it into my system. Being a headache sufferer, I totaly understand taking whatever works. Just wanted to make sure all my "friends" knew about the acetaminphin.
Acetaminophen is only dangerous if you take it in prolonged/overdosed fashion. A couple pills a month shouldn't hurt you. It's easy to overdose on it because it's hidden in a lot of painkillers, so if you take tylenol and then take cough syrup you may have gotten dosed twice without realizing it.

Regardless...I can either be completely incapacitated any time the weather changes (air pressure changes set off ice pick headaches for me) and miss a day or two of work every month in pain, or I can take excedrine and feel fine. Kind of a no-brainer.