Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Photography

Old 05-22-2014, 03:26 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Your garden seems like such a happy place <3

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

A very happy place thank you . : )

Baylee found all the flowers, but these she thought smelled the best.

We had a grand time out there for a few hours yesterday.

everybody has their favorite spot. THis is Ressie's lookout.
I knew that log was drug up from the woods for a reason.

IT's meant for him.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 05-23-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps32fe6bc8.jpg

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 06-26-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Love my pets

Love all the pics. The flowers, grandkids, Vic, and all look so good.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Love my pets

I wish I could take sections of the fence with your drawings to hang in my house!

Someone on facebook paints animals on shutters and sells them.

If only you could send me your fence!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:07 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Oh how they have grown in 3 years time, but they still love the swing in my garden, and they still have their own unique styles. I know I couldn't do this, I don't know how he does. I need another cotton rope and another soft swing seat, there is a limb just far enough parallel from this one, and another rubber runner too. IT's on my garden wish list, hopefully by next spring. I need one seat higher for the growing boys, and lower for Miss Baylee, tho she is getting leggy too. Jory is here for a week's visit. He has tasted strawberries, helped catch Japanese beetles, searched for skinks and toads, watched birds, found a caterpillar pet that he has checked on regularly, moved a slug from where he shouldn't be to where he could be, drawn critters on the fence and more. It is as much their garden as it is mine.
For that I am profoundly grateful.
vid

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Top Dog

What a beautiful and peaceful garden you have Smkie. I haven't gone through this whole thread yet but my goodness...really glorious. Some of the flowers you mention, I love too. Plox...I have the tall kind, the mounded type and creeping Plox. It's neat that it comes in these different forms. I have no woodsy place at this house and have done some big changes from when I bought it a couple years ago. It's a suburban development where the builder puts in sod and a couple of shrubs. So, I'll show before and after pics: (the back yard is pretty much the same idea as the front...don't have photos of the original look)

Front before

Now

Back yard

That's a dogwood tree not in bloom. Lots of different ground covers. I'm really into ground covers.

One of my gardening helpers

Everything isn't pictured but I have and love Lupine in the front and back, but it is prone to mildew. There are all kinds of perennials and some annuals I put in in the summer. I planted roses last summer. And lots of bulbs for springtime.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-05-2014, 01:40 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Very nice Doberluv. Green with envy that you can have lupines, and I like your helper too.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ps8f401fbc.jpg

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 07-05-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

Thanks Smkie,
What's the little fella there holding? I can't quite see. Your garden is so interesting and meandering. I really like that. My yard is tiny, but then again, pretty easy to maintain which is what I wanted. Lupine are lovely and big but oh my...so hard to keep the mildew at bay in this climate....almost not worth having sometimes. I think my favs are the Delphinium. I really love Delphinium. And the perennial Salvia is so pretty and lasts a long time. There is Penstemon, holly hocks and some sweet peas, roses and some other annuals. There's English and Russian Lavender...so pretty and brings tons of bees. Love Cosmos and petunias, fuschias and a few other neat little things. There are a few Rhododendrons, evergreen and deciduous azaleas, a lilac which looks really spindly and sparse, a couple camellias and hydrangeas. It's amazing what all you can fit into a small yard. And for trees, a couple of dwarf Alberta Spruce, a pine tree which when I'm long gone will probably need to be cut down, two Japanese maples, one red, one green and the dog wood. No trees to speak of in the front. Even herbs like various types of Thyme are such a pretty thing. Love that creeping Thyme between stepping stones. And those pretty mosses...Irish and Scottish.

Anyhow, I wanted sort of an English cottage type garden, even though my house isn't really a cottage. I just love that style...a little messy but a mostly planned mess. lol.

There are two big pots with big geraniums and some lobelia. I wintered the geraniums over in the garage and they don't die. They just get bigger and thicker. I put some bubble plastic around the pot and watered it maybe once or twice. (You're suppose to water more often but I don't ever get around to it.) They look almost dead but when cut back in spring, they burst forth with a little sunshine and fertilizer.

This is the ugly gravel area where all the water, power, cable stuff goes. There are 3 big pots behind this area. One has some Rosemary, chives, sage. (have parsley and different Thymes in garden) and one big pot houses two cherry tomato plants. There's loads of sun there...the front is on the southern exposure. I put in some Zinnias and a few other things in here.

So that's my garden. If I can remember to keep the slug bait out and keep well stocked with fungicide, I'll maybe make it to the end of summer. lol. Then in fall...there is lots of work, isn't there...taking down things that are over, cleaning up everything, mulching where needed. Lots of work in fall.

In the back in the shade are Hostas, Begonias, impatiens, bleeding heart, and more ground cover with yellow flowers and then earlier is pink flowered ground cover. This is from last year though.

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson