Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

why is it you can turn all these around the right way, save as the replaced orginial, use that link, and then it posts like you never did that? Sometimes I come back and it's righted itself. So I am going to give it a few before I do that all over again. sighs.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 09-07-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 AM
Love my pets

What a beautiful garden you have this year. I just love how Vic looks standing in all the colors.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My son is going to come over and help me clear that little area east of the shade garden. I have cut out the tall stuff, removed the locust so the oak can grow, and am beating back the honey locust. I would love it if I could have a little table there, take my lemon water and have a sit to start my morning. Now all I need is one old wooden picnic table. Thank you Barb. TAking my camera out in the morning and really looking is one of my joys. I am glad I have a place to share. One day I hope to be able to put them all in a book and when I am too old to do this anymore I can take it out and enjoy all over again. WHatever was wrong with my camera healed itself. I don't know how or why, but thank you to the little elves that slipped in and repaired it. The only answer I can think of. I thought it was toast.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:34 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I take the sunflowers when they are getting half eaten and pretty ugly and do this. THe finches seem only able eat so far down the seed head. But when I put it up in the tree and turn the seed heads up they come in droves. This pic was taken about a half hour ago and now there are twice as many. It is almost pointless to try to get a good pic through the screen but if i go out there they are gone and I am just not patient enough (and it's really hot out) to sit there until they forget about me. I am so half tempted to make a very small hole in the screen but I wont..at least not yet. I could always patch it back in. Dunno. Maybe.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 09-08-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Love my pets

The birds are so beautiful. I love how you take the extra step to help them get the seeds.

I just know it was either the Keebler elves or Santa's elves who fixed your camera. I'm so happy it's working again.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:39 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I would put it on the ground for the groundhogs but they are not here this year, I have seen one that looks like the Mr. but only a few times, and it is smaller than he was, just as dark, so maybe it is his offspring. Was really hoping to see the Mrs. ANd Uncle Carl but no luck. Best for them tho to stay wild and hidden. I can see their paths through the woods so I know they are about, they just have no need since all it has done this summer is rain.
I do have a little buck that comes up in the night, I havent' seen him but Hyia has and so has my neighbor. I do know he prefers my hosta and mums to the stocks of sunflowers they all devoured last year. Giving it to the birds is for me as much as them. I love times a bazillion being able to watch them from my desk. When Patrick was here the other day he was mesmerized. He always was my bird watching little guy and he sure didn't forget. He laughed and pointed and got just as excited as he did a year ago. Good that some things do not change.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Before the color change had time to happen.
GG calls these my rescue plants..now fully restored.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Love my pets

I love the beautiful flower on the plant.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Love my pets

URGENT: Smkie, please read this about the desert rose plant you have that I just commented on. I found out this when I googled to learn more:

http://houseplants.about.com/od/succ...DesertRose.htm

The desert rose (Adenium obesum) is a striking plant with swollen succulent stems and deep red flowers. The plant is deciduous in cooler winters, but it can be kept in leaf provided there is sufficient warmth and light water. There is no part of these plants that doesn't command interest, from the dramatically swollen stems on older plants to the bright flowers to the tight clusters of narrow, green leaves. Beware, though, the sap of the desert rose is poisonous and should never come into contact with children or pets. If you get sap on yourself while handling the plant, wash your hands immediately