Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you like to fly in airplanes?
Yes- I love it! I'd live in an airport and fly every day if I could! 6 9.09%
Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it! 7 10.61%
Yes- I don't "love" the experience but I look forward to it 9 13.64%
Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports 16 24.24%
I can only fly when I take medication and really prepare myself 2 3.03%
I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary 19 28.79%
I don't like flying and refuse to get on an airplane 2 3.03%
I've never been on an airplane before 4 6.06%
Single serving of pretzels and a mini bottle of overpriced liquor 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Flying itself has never bothered me -- my dad was a pilot, which I think made a difference. (That said, my brother hates it, so I guess that didn't help him!)

I do think that the whole process tends to be draining. I feel like I'm almost always sleep deprived for one reason or another while traveling (and can't sleep in public), which can be tough. And there are sometimes where I just get antsy and we're not there yet!

But, generally speaking, I'm pretty ambivalent. It is what it is. I try not to get frustrated or upset about all of the annoyances because then you are screwed, lol.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I also don't like to fly because it seems other passengers don't favor group singing LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Taxiderpy

I love flying. Seriously, sitting on a chair... IN THE SKY. However, I hate airports. So it's a tradeoff. I'd love to fly in some smaller private craft some day.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:49 PM
<3 my soldier

Seeing as my dad works for an airlines, I don't have any close family, and I am in a LDR (which is about to get a LOT longer after we get married)... I don't have much of a choice but to like flying. Started at a very young age (like 6 months) and in the past 4 years I have flown upwards of 100 times or so....

The whole airport thing..... not a fan of. I would rather walk 10 miles off track then be crammed onto one of those stupid airport transit systems like a herd of cattle. Having to go through the worlds busiest airport (ATL) EVERY time I fly (it's where I live unfortunately), is a real hassle. I get there early and walk the whole way and avoid the crowds as best I can.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Bite Club

I don't enjoy the lineups and such at the airport. But flying itself I really enjoy. Especially on a nice sunny day I love being above the clouds- its so relaxing. Or looking down at the earth and seeing all of the patterns. I just wish they could find a way to make the planes less stale and dry.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Walks into Mordor

I love flying. The plane, airports, everything. I'm the one who always wants a window seat, too. The view is spectacular. I'm not a fan of flying over water, but that's because looking out the window over the ocean is sooo boring: "Oh look! It's water.....again." I'd take airplanes everywhere if I could.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
I love flying. The plane, airports, everything. I'm the one who always wants a window seat, too. The view is spectacular. I'm not a fan of flying over water, but that's because looking out the window over the ocean is sooo boring: "Oh look! It's water.....again." I'd take airplanes everywhere if I could.
One of my old bosses lived in a pretty wealthy area on the waterfront. Their next door neighbor worked on Bainbridge Island, and he owned a helicopter that he flew every day to work. It was awesome. Except when he'd get really drunk and start buzzing people's houses. That was somewhat terrifying.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
~Lisa~

I dont like flying. But i will do it if it means going some where fun lol. I have only been on a plane a handful of times and a helicopter once over niagara falls.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I wouldn't mind the whole airport experience if it didn't mean taking off my shoes. That's just nasty.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

I do, though it's way more stressful now since I travel with a toddler, lol.