Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you like to fly in airplanes?
Yes- I love it! I'd live in an airport and fly every day if I could! 6 9.09%
Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it! 7 10.61%
Yes- I don't "love" the experience but I look forward to it 9 13.64%
Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports 16 24.24%
I can only fly when I take medication and really prepare myself 2 3.03%
I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary 19 28.79%
I don't like flying and refuse to get on an airplane 2 3.03%
I've never been on an airplane before 4 6.06%
Single serving of pretzels and a mini bottle of overpriced liquor 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 GTS View Post
I can deal with airports but I genuinely love flying. I love looking out the window, I love seeing parts of the aircraft working, I love everything about it.

I've never understood pwople's fear of flying either. Driving to the airport is far more likely to be fatal than flying on the plane itself.
For me it has nothing to do with the fear of dying. It's the feeling of flying and the fear of the feeling of dropping. The reason I don't ride roller coasters and the like is not because I fear I may die its because they feel horrible and messes with my equilibrium same with airplanes.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Big Dog

I fly 4-5 times/yr to Japan, it's a brutal 14 hour flight and I hate it. But the flip side is the frequent flier miles enable all vacation travel to be free (airfare, hotels, rental car etc). So in the end I have to say that I like flying. I love to fly the plane myself though, fly a Cessna 150 for fun.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Top Dog

I have only flown once and it was short 2 hour flight, with a stop or plane switch in the middle. I just had a carry-on, it was just 1 overnight stay on our senior trip 8 years ago. Luckily the planes were not crowded and mostly it was business people who do day travel from one Texas city to another.

I am not a fan of flying/airports more than anything because of the germs.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I dunno. I mean I've been on hundreds of flights starting when I was pretty young, and I think I'm pretty ambivalent on the actual flying. I just hate the hassle that comes with flying...it's really just a pain...I think release the hounds described that part of it well lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
I just hate all the bullshit that goes along with it. can take this, can't take those, only this big of bag, oh sir we've changed the requirements since you last flew, even though it was 2 weeks ago, new fees everytime we go somewhere, more clothes have to come off, more stuff revealed, more time to wait, etc.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
I have only flown once and it was short 2 hour flight, with a stop or plane switch in the middle. I just had a carry-on, it was just 1 overnight stay on our senior trip 8 years ago. Luckily the planes were not crowded and mostly it was business people who do day travel from one Texas city to another.

I am not a fan of flying/airports more than anything because of the germs.
Germs?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you dead yet?

I don't mind flying under certain conditions. I usually am not a fan of airports, and I HATE flying if I am sandwiched in between two people in a crowded plane.

Flying is really pleasant for me if I have a bit of space between myself and the passenger next to me. Especially pleasant if my service dog accompanies me.

When I flew to Cleveland, I was sandwiched between two large SICK people, who coughed the whole time, and I didn't have my dog or really anything to do. Haaaaaated that flight so much.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

I like getting to my destination. I don't care for being on the airplane, though. I get a really bad headache (air pressure changes maybe?) for some reason, and I hate just being stuck sitting in a little chair for hours on end with nothing to do. Plus, the bathrooms are small and squishy (but at least they have one). And I hate bugging the people next to me if I need to get up for anything, so unless I have an aisle seat, I feel confined. It's not a terrible experience by any means, and I'm not afraid, but I certainly don't look forward to a flight. My dream trips all require me to sit on an airplane for an insane amount of time though, so I best get used to it!

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Top Dog

I vote for: Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports

It's not something I mind at all, but it's like a "ugh" experience.

I hate waiting in lines, I hate taking off my shoes, and getting everything through security, etc.

But I've flown like gazillions of times since I was about 6 years old so I must not hate it that bad. I love getting to a new destination.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
For me it has nothing to do with the fear of dying. It's the feeling of flying and the fear of the feeling of dropping. The reason I don't ride roller coasters and the like is not because I fear I may die its because they feel horrible and messes with my equilibrium same with airplanes.
THIS.
Also, I haaaaaate flying over water, that's when I'm panicky, which sucks considering I go to Alaska once a year I don't know how I'll be when flying to Europe

And the germ thing is a big deal to me too. I can't afford to get sick. In the airport I have my Purell, but in the plane with sick people.
I find that I'm a better flyer when I'm not with my family/friends. I kinda have to contain myself and not let my stress show because I don't have anyone with me to console me, lol. And I have this twisted logic of thinking...I prefer to be alone because if the plane does go down, at least my family would only lose one person. WTF Ali. Hahah
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypup View Post
And the germ thing is a big deal to me too. I can't afford to get sick. In the airport I have my Purell, but in the plane with sick people.
Me too. I hate the recycled air of planes... it really grosses me out. I get sick pretty easily so I always have my Purell as well!

I always sit by the window and try not to think about how I'm crammed into a small area with tons of dirty and possibly sick people

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep