Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Do you like to fly in airplanes?
Yes- I love it! I'd live in an airport and fly every day if I could! 6 9.09%
Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it! 7 10.61%
Yes- I don't "love" the experience but I look forward to it 9 13.64%
Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports 16 24.24%
I can only fly when I take medication and really prepare myself 2 3.03%
I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary 19 28.79%
I don't like flying and refuse to get on an airplane 2 3.03%
I've never been on an airplane before 4 6.06%
Single serving of pretzels and a mini bottle of overpriced liquor 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Love flying. Even long-haul flights.

paris & seamus o'grady.

r.i.p. sally, never forgotten.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I can handle short flights no problem (anything less than 10 hours total is short to me!), but longer flights are sometimes overwhelming.

On our way back from Scotland last year, I ending up having a meltdown after boarding our last flight (from PA to FL). I had a carry on bag packed with an expensive print I purchased. The plane ran out of room for more carry on bags during boarding, so everyone in the front of the plane had to have their bags checked. I freaked out because I didn't want the frame/glass to break during handling... and it had been a LONG day so I was just overwhelmed.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Wild At Heart

I chose, "I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary"

I've been on a plane a few times, I'm not that big of a fan. I think it is because I grew up driving EVERYWHERE and I love driving. That and because I'm a control freak, lol.

Harleigh <3
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

I adore flying. I'd love the get my pilot's license some day if I could afford it. I don't mind airports, and sometimes even enjoy them. But you could make me sit in a chair in an empty room for 2 hours and I'd still do it for the chance to fly

Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Just try me..

I haven't flown in years. But had been flying regularly since I was a kid. I don't love (or hate.. it just is) the actual flying part. But I love the whole 'adventure' aspect of it. It means going somewhere new!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Twin 2.0

Not a fan of airports, but I love airplanes! Takeoff is my favorite part--hello torque, good to see you again. Being that high up and seeing so much at once is something just utterly relaxing to me. I'm "that guy" taking pictures out the window.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Silence! I ban you!

I fly for work frequently. I neither love nor hate it, so I chose the "Flying is OK" one.

My biggest issue with air travel is not the airports themselves, the tsa workers or the security procedures. My biggest issue is with all of the self-absorbed idiots around you when you travel. I do my best to not get in other people's way, to make sure if I stop, I move off to the side, I don't take up 5 seats in the waiting area for 2 people and I don't push/shove. However, I appear to be the exception. The worst experiences are in the major cities and tourist destinations (New York, Philly, Orlando, Las Vegas, LAX, etc.), probably because you get a larger volume and therefore more idiots
Old 05-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Just reading this thread makes me feel panicked.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Custom User Title

I can deal with airports but I genuinely love flying. I love looking out the window, I love seeing parts of the aircraft working, I love everything about it.

I've never understood pwople's fear of flying either. Driving to the airport is far more likely to be fatal than flying on the plane itself.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Ho ho ho off.

Not really... NO.

It's totally unnatural!!!! BLURGH.

However, I will fly to places. I am not looking forward to my..... errr.... How many hours - I leave at 9am Saturday and arrive 11am Sunday with a 3 hr stop over....

That's a full day of flying

I might buy some sleeping pills!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein