Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Little dog, big voice

Default Not quite the reply I was hoping for :/

So, I often send updates to Inge (Cali's breeder) and a few weeks ago, she mentioned that her husband was really sick and had lung cancer. I had sent her a reply about two weeks ago again, with no reply. Just today, I sent her another one telling her how Cali passed obedience classes and included a picture of her with her certificate. I also said I hoped her husband was doing better.

Inge replied about an hour later saying congratulations and that her husband passed away last Friday. It definitely wasn't the reply I was hoping for, she mentioned feeling really sad and alone. I know it probably didn't help much, but I expressed my sympathies and loaded the e-mail up with some more Cali pictures.

I felt kind of bad in a way mentioning her husband, but I guess there wasn't really a way for me to know. It just saddened me because I know they had no children and kept to themselves a lot, from what she told me.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:22 PM
and Spy.

I know how you feel, but there was no way for you to know and it was the polite thing to do. I am sure she appreciated the extra Cali pictures, too. Does she live nearby? If she does a nice idea might be to do some cooking and baking for her and drop it off. I am sure she is struggling with the whole ordeal and it is so nice to have someone help you out.

If you aren't close by, maybe call up a nice restaurant who does delivery and pay for a few meals (so she can refrigerate them) to be delivered to her house.

ETA: I don't know what your relationship is with her and how close it is so it could be too pushy to send things if you aren't really friends, I just meant the food ideas as suggestions if you felt that you wanted to do something for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Felurian

I'm sure it warmed her heart that you cared to ask about her husband.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

Agree with Tuck and Renee, if you hadn't asked she might have noticed. It's still so fresh that I'm sure you're not bringing up some distant bad memory... it's what she's living right now.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Little dog, big voice

No, unfortunately she lives a good four hours away. I wouldn't say we're too close, but I do send her updates fairly regularly so we talked a bit. I definitely might at least try sending a card or something. I was really hoping she'd reply saying he had improved though.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.