Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Default Ok, REALLY?!

Just getting over a minor heart attack here at work... Phone rings, guy introduces himself as a State Trooper and says he needs to speak to an owner or a manager. I'm like, "uuuuuhhhhhhh ok, let me give you the GM's cell number..."

I do a little googling of the number but can't find too much at first. The groomer and I are wigging out wondering if they're looking for an employee or something. We're both like, "Well I pay my tolls... I wasn't speeding!!! What does a State Trooper want with us?!?!" LOL

Um yeah... did a little detailed searching and found out it's the Fraternal Order of Police looking to fundraise. Apparently they do this every year.

Ya know, I realize it's an attention-getter but can you PLEASE not call here and act like you're calling about something legal, after you introduce yourself as a State Trooper. Now I feel like an idiot for sending him to my GM on his day off over fundraising. Grrrr...

Still... Kinda funny. Anyway, just venting because I thought it was both stupid and funny. LOL

Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Squishy face

We used to get calls from them every year too.

Or how about this, imagine opening your door (as a teen) and finding a guy from the FBI on the other side? Lol we had a neighbor at the old neighborhood who was in the FBI, he's retired now, and every year they send a guy out "check up" on him, and they interview the neighbors and such. I guess they gotta make sure he didn't become a terrorist or anything.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
<3 my soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
We used to get calls from them every year too.

Or how about this, imagine opening your door (as a teen) and finding a guy from the FBI on the other side? Lol we had a neighbor at the old neighborhood who was in the FBI, he's retired now, and every year they send a guy out "check up" on him, and they interview the neighbors and such. I guess they gotta make sure he didn't become a terrorist or anything.

We had something similar to this happen to us..But the FBI showed up at our front door asking if they could watch our neighbors house from our yard...

Real mess.. still not sure about the neighbors (I've never even seen them come/go.. just a little white dog shows up every now and then).

Yeah... I would be pretty terrified if State Patrol called me.. had a run in with them once...wasn't pretty, but I've paid my dues LOL