Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

If I work the morning shift:
- Alarm goes off; either fall back to sleep for fifteen minutes or stare blankly into space while I try to wake up and convince myself I do need to get out of bed because I set the alarm fifteen minutes late.
~ When I'm at Mike's, this is typically the point he'll see me staring grumpily into space and he'll roll over, give me a kiss, tell me he loves me, and then he goes back to sleep. LOL
- Stagger out of bed, go pee, blow my nose.
- Put scrubs on, attempt to make my hair look somewhat presentable in a ponytail, put contacts in, clean up my face, put makeup and deodorant on.
- Stagger back to my room, put on socks/shoes, take Chloe out on a leash to pee.
- Put Chloe back into the house, grab my purse and maybe a breakfast-to-go, and then leave.

If I wake up on my own sweet time (aka, not at six o'clock in the morning):
- Wake up. Lay in bed thinking, "Why the heck did I wake up?" and try to go back to sleep.
~ If at Mike's, this is coupled with some small talk and him repeatedly teasing me and asking, "I'm hungry. When are you going to go make breakfast?"
- Finally get up out of bed. Put the dog(s) out on a chain.
- Go pee, then go to the kitchen to find food.
- Let the dog(s) back in and feed them. Also take care of the rats.
- grab a computer and get online.
- eventually I'll get out of my PJs and get ready for the day, but how long that takes depends on when I have to leave.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Top Dog

Work days:
6:30 alarm
go pee
start tea (Keurig)
get dressed
go downstairs and put creamer in tea
6:45 leave for work

Sleep-in days:
Wake up for a number of reasons - alarm, dogs barking, chickens squawking, whatever
Roll over and attempt to go to sleep again
Logan jumps on the bed and steps on Gavroche, Gavroche jumps off the bed
Logan paws me until I sit up
Check email, Chaz, Facebook, Reddit, etc
Go pee
Feed dogs
Get dressed
Lets dogs out
Eat whatever meal happens to be closest (usually lunch)
Do stuffs
Old 05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Top Dog

On work days: Get up around 7am, let dogs out, feed dogs, let Keira out again, go shower, do my hair, pack lunch quickly, eat a quick breakfast, let dogs out, lock dogs in crates and then head to work. This takes about an hour, maybe a little less.

On days off: Get up somewhere between 9am and 10:30am, let dogs out, feed dogs, let Keira out again. And then, I either shower right away, or I sit around and watch TV for an hour (on rainy or snowy days) or I go sit outside and read my book/watch the dogs play (on nice days) for an hour, and then I go shower.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Twin 2.0

Work days:
Alarm goes off at 6:15. There may be multiple hittings of the snooze button. Usually I'm up by 6:40am.
Go for run with Sawyer
Feed Sawyer his tea
Go shower/dress/makeup
Put Sawyer out with his food
Take my vitamins while browsing Facebook/email/etc. on my phone
Leave by 8:20am to get to work before 8:45am.

Days off:
Depends on how late I was out the night before. Might go for a run, might sleep until 11am.
Possibly go for a walk with Sawyer
Usually I have a real estate shoot to do, so that and editing.
Or figure out something else.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

I usually hit the snooze a bunch if the alarm is set.
Always have Lily husky balled next to my stomach when I wake up. Once there is movement Scout gives a stretch and a squeaky yawn that she only does when she wants me to get up. Usually I have to invite her up on the bed for morning snuggles. She stays on the other side of me from Lily, usually doing retarded floppies on her back and nosing under my arm, sometimes Lily grouches at her or has to lay on top of me to prove her point. Other times they play on top of me, which gets interesting. When I actually get up Lily woo-woos at me! Then they both have to sit while I open the bedroom door and wait for my okay to charge into the living room. I use the bathroom and Scout opens the door, which is charming... Then they get fed in their crates, Scout's door shut because Lily is spoiled and snarky with other animals and food. Then I either shower or make breakfast, the order depends on the day. After I'm presentable I take each girlie on a nice potty walk on campus (during the workweek) OR we go out for a hike in the pasture if we're at my moms. Well they run, I hike lol.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I wake up Whenever hannah gets up... The time ranges from 7-9:30. Sometimes if it's a full moon it can be much earlier.

We get up and I get her breaky and put on a show for her to watch while she eats. I check computer stuff... Email, etsy, forums, facebook. If I have etsy orders I get them ready to go.

Then we start getting ready for our outings... Those vary by day of the week. Sometimes it's playdates, sometimes homeschool events, sometimes local events and every once in a while we have a free day where we get to do anything we want. If it's gloomy we will use it as a movie day sometimes and just veg. If it's nice we will go to the museum, hands on house, park... Whatever fun and educational things we can come up with.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm All Ears

1st alarm at 5:00 am. Hit snooze

2nd alarm at 5:15. Get up let the dog out, start shower. Let the dogs in and feed them.

Shower. Get out of the shower and sit down on the floor to simultaneously play tennis ball with Mia as much as possible and put on make up.

Blowdry hair and find clothes. Grab some snacks for the day. Kick the tennis ball as it appears at my feet. (constantly) Brush teeth, let the dogs out again.

Out the door at 6:30. Get to work at 7:00. Clean out my emails, I get hundreds a night, and check on the wells in my area to see if any new data has come in over night. Then the day goes on from there.

Last edited by Laurelin; 05-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Wake up to Sloan squeaking and clanking her tail on her crate walls. Groan, hate life, tell Sloan to shut up. Listen to backup grumble and chew a toy, roll out of bed, open bedroom door, open crates. Sidestep, kick, duck, dodge and curse at the dogs to leave me alone and go downstairs. Follow them down, tell Sloan to stop bouncing off the glass door, open the door to the yard, usher Shamoo out, close the door. Make their breakfast, let them in, yell at them to settle down, sit still, and shut up. Feed them, head back out to pick up poop/take out trash/water plants, then proceed with my day. Sometimes it's playing with dogs, sometimes it's crating, sometimes its crawling back to bed pretending I'll get to sleep anymore. Usually it's wander upstairs, get dressed quickly, rush out the door, rush back in because I forgot something and repeat.

You see, in the mornings, I loate my Malinois. Lol
Lol, I've gotten so good at playing ball with Mia while I'm getting ready for work. I can multitask and she gets in about 40 minutes of ball playing a morning. I will say I DO get annoyed when I'm rushing and she keeps dropping the toy at my feet or when she gets the toy stuck under the couch and I have to stop getting ready and go retrieve the toy for her to get her to stop whining and barking at me.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

I wake up sometime between 7 and 11, get up, turn off the fan. Poke the dogs, make them go outside. Wander into the kitchen, turn on my computer. Stare at my boyfriend until he makes coffee. Measure out Elsie's food, feed her. Check email. Shower, get dressed.

Face the day.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and weekends/fridays...

I get up whenever I must or whenever Mia wakes me up- which she does by first starting a low whine, then she paces on the bed, then she starts hitting me on the head until I yell and pull the covers over my head and tell her to go away. She starts the process again and again until I give up.

Let them out, feed them. Usually we lounge a bit, I watch tv and Mia plays ball. Summer goes back to sleep. Usually do a park trip early enough so it' not too hot. I go to art class on Saturdays at 10 am and then to church on Sundays at 10:45. Fridays are my sleep in day when I have them off.