If I work:
Wake up, grumble and groan
Brush teeth with my eyes shut
Wash face
Stumble into shower
Get dressed
Maybe eat something
Grumble and groan while I walk out the door

If I don't work it's basically the same thing... minus the grumbling, and everything is done a little more spaced out.

When I work weekends, I tend to skip the morning shower lol. I want to cherish every single second of sleep that I can.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

My mornings sorta revolve around Zander. When DH isn't home, we have a strict routine. When DH is home, routine goes out the window and Zander does whatever he wants. Even though, the routine lets Zander do whatever he wants, anyway.

When I wake up and sit up in bed...he's already staring at me. He yawns a few times, licks his shoulder, and stares at me some more.
"Time to get up."
Cue the morning talk show, staring Zaner-Waner-Fluffy-Butt. This goes on for about 10-15 minutes.

"Let's go potty." So I get up, listen to him complain the entire time about how he needs to PEE even though he KNOWS that MOMMY PEES FIRST. And that we DO THIS EVERY MORNING. So he yawns, opens the bathroom door, and stares at me until I'm done. Not creepy at all.

When I'm done, he commences to have his morning racetrack run. Racetrack being the stairs, of course. Up, down, up down, ARWOO ROOO ROO(hurry up, woman! for those who don't speak Sibe), up, down, up, down, pause at the corner of the staircase like he's stalking me. I stop, jump the last step, and he takes off across the living room. At this point, he repeats the back and forth process, throwing in a few bunny hops along the way until I get to the door. Because, who knows, maybe one day I'll forget where the door is.

So while he's out, I start my Keurig Coffee (approx 3 minutes) and while it's starting up I wash my face, clean up the kitchen, and get Zander's food ready. He's already waiting at the screen door. This is the only part of the morning where he is quiet.

I let him in, he eats, I fix up my coffee, and sit at the kitchen table. If it's a nice day, I'll leave the door open so he can peep at the neighbors. If it isn't a nice day, he spends the next 3 hours whining about how I should either open the door or go upstairs because he doesn't like it downstairs.

And that is our morning. Without Daddy.

If Daddy's home, he milks us BOTH for all we're worth, since DH gets up a few hours before me, typically. He might go through his morning routine twice. Or he might jump in bed with me after DH leaves the room. It's all up to Zander.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Plus One

If I have school:
Wake up at 6
Tell Aura to shut up.
Go back to sleep
Get up at 6:30
Let Fudge,Scamp,Aura and Taz out.
Bring them in
Let other dogs out
Make breakfast
bring other dogs in
go back to bed to eat breakfast/browse fb
Shower/brush teeth etc
Realize I have to leave the house in 15 minutes
Panic, feed dogs, put on my tie, shoes and blazer, pack bag, pack gym bag, search for my phone/inhaler/money and realise I'm holding it
Leave house at 7:35
Run back to house to pick up whatever I've forgotten.
Stand in the rain for 10 minutes cursing bus drivers, the weather and school in general.

Not at school:
Sleep for as long as possible
slowly open one eye to see if Aura's noticed I'm awake (She's always sitting up and staring at me)
Throw a treat at Aura and stay in bed for as long as possible.
Let all the dogs out together
Feed dogs.
Breakfast/browse fb
Throw dogs out into yard will I shower
Yell at Fudge/Tika/Scamp for growling at Diesel
Yell at Diesel for annoying someone.
Bring Scamp and Tika in
Go on computer

The exciting life I lead lol
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Top Dog

If I work mornings
5:30 am alarm goes off
throw out dogs,straighten hair,throw on makeup,let dogs in,throw on nice clothing, grab banana or meal shake to eat on way to work and leave and out the door by 6:15. When I work mornings chaz does the horses.

If I work evenings I sleep in and then do all the dogs, stalls, feedings, shower, make lunch, make up, find nice clothing and try to get out the door by 2:15.

If I am off it just depends what needs done.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber

Last edited by joce; 05-07-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

6:15 - Alarm goes off. DH gets up to go downstairs to make my lunch <33333
6:25 - Stumble into the bathroom before DH gets back upstairs and thinks I'm taking advantage of his love for me.
6:30 - shower
6:45 - get dressed
6:55 - hair and make up
7:05 - pack up computer, grab my lunch, search frantically for keys or sunglasses
7:10 - Driving to work. I aim to get there by 7:30 so I have time to make copies, respond to emails, etc before the kids come in my room at 8.

I am SO SO SO SO fortunate and blessed to have a husband who takes care of me in the mornings. I make dinner and walk Lucy (or take her to the park) in the evenings since I'm home earlier, but he does all the dog stuff in the morning so I can run out the door early, since he doesn't usually leave the house for work until 8:15 or 8:30.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Top Dog

Typical Day
4.00am alarm goes off
4.20 - 4.30am - I'll stumble out of bed
4.30 - 5.00am - Coffee, first breakfast and maybe feed dogs (depending on rest of the schedule)
5.00am - 5.45am - Gym
6.00 - 6.30 - Potter around, feed chooks, water gardens
6.30am - 7.30am ish - walk puppies
After that - shower
8.00 - 9.30am - relax, eat second breakfast (something has to make this getting up at 4am business worthwhile), get ready for work, train and play with the dogs. I may get some cleaning done, but usually not (night time job!)

If I'm not going to the gym, but going for a run instead, I usually leave a little later and do my pottering around a bit earlier. Today is a bit different because I have to go to the shop to get some stuff to prepare lunch and I need to go to the produce store to get some chook feed. They have been living on the dregs of weet-bix, bird seed, my vege garden and house scraps for two days. The public holiday crept up on me and now I'm all out of schedule.

There is one day a week that I start work at 6.00am and I just get up at the same time, organise the animals and get myself ready, eat breakfast etc, but no exercise for any of us in the morning.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

I wake up whenever, usually around 8, and then go immediately on my computer until I figure its time for me to start my school. I'm gonna start going for runs in the morning, in fact, I'm starting today. If I can make myself get up.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Wookie Collie

Alarm goes off, I shut it off and reset it to a half hour later. Every morning.

Second alarm goes off. I grumble and throw some clothes on.

Bathroom. Pee, wash face, deodorant, pills, hair. Sometimes shower, but I prefer night showers.

Stumble to Finn's crate. Let him out to pee and frolic while I make his Kong, all the while brewing a cuppa joe in the Keurig.

Slurp coffee while browsing internet and playing with Finn.

Haul ass out the door a little early to grab a snack at the shop before work.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 AM
Just try me..

I never use an alarm (never have) So wake up, as Dekka if she needs to pee. That usually produces a wiggly dog She sleeps as long as I do. She wiggles up to me and flops beside me trying to give me kisses whilst I try to snuggle without getting said kisses.

Then I go down open up Bounce, Dash, and Seren's crate (assuming Dash or Seren aren't also sleeping with me. (then I don't get nice Dekka snuggly time. I then get Seren trampolining off my head and bladder when I wake up, or a long anxious pointy nose poking me repeatedly) let them out and let Sport in.

Go to bathroom. Dekka lets herself back in and checks in to make sure I am indeed in the bathroom then she goes and checks to see if everyone has finished their dinner in their crates. Then she comes back to sit on the bathroom counter and stare at me till I am done in the bathroom.

Go make tea and bacon. Maybe make Dekka an egg (yes I do love that dog) Let Kaiden out after I start tea and bacon.

Sit down at puter to check emails..
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

5:45 - first alarm goes off.
Toss over and sleep until at
6:15 next alarm goes off.
Sleep some more
6:30 third and final alarm goes off. Grumble, get up.
Switch on coffee machine that past self has already readied so I just need to turn it on. (I'm NOT a morning person)
Go back to bed, wait 5 minutes. Get breakfast & coffee and lie back down in bed, browse the interwebs.
7:00 Get up, finally. Shower and get ready for Uni / Work.
7:50 leave for Uni / Work and arrive around 8am.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.