Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

When my sister was looking for a kitten, we went and saw a litter of Bengal kittens.

We entered the home, and my sister, father and I were struck by the disarray. There were newly patched holes on the wall, and what little furniture there was had claw marks. They had a surfboard propped up so that the stairs were impassible. Odd, thought we.

The poor 8 week old kittens were being kept in a wire dog crate, and their sad mewls made all of us think that this woman was perhaps a psycho animal torturer. In a stoic sort of way, she said, "I guess you'll be wanting me to let them out, then."

We nodded, and she did. Within an instant, the kittens had scattered. Two of them made it up to the top of the drapes, and were scuttling along the curtain rod. One of them was on the mantle, some how. One was clawing it's way up the surfboard, leaving little grooves. One was pin-balling from person to person, claws out. It was complete chaos. Total insanity.

The woman explained that the holes were from when one of the kittens escaped into the attic, and fell into the wall. They had to punch 6 or 7 holes before they found him. That's why the surfboard was up.

We met the mother cat, and she was quite sweet. Then the woman asked her 16 year old, burly son to come downstairs.

He cautiously paused on the landing. "What?"

"Go get Mozart."

He paled. "You do it."

"They want to see the father. Go get Mozart."

"No."

"Just do it."

"No."

They had an eye-locked battle of will, and the son caved. He hopped over the surfboard, and went through the laundry room, into the garage.

There was a slow growing grrRRR-RRRAWWWRRRR, like a motorized leopard being wound up to alert us of a bombing, and the son slammed himself back into the laundry room.

"Mozart doesn't want to come out."

He bolted back upstairs.

The woman, flustered, laughed, and said, "Well, uh, I guess we won't be meeting him. Could you help me gather the kittens?"

45 minutes later, we were able to leave.

My sister now owns a Scottish fold.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
There is that, lol.

Maybe he is channeling Shiva. I always swore she could break an anvil. She had no concept of her own strength!
Oh, this one knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Is it bad that the more people talk about how "bad" their Mals are, the more I want one?
And the fact that your cat is awesome enough to break a cast iron skillet makes me want a Bengal more, too?

Everyone who's ever heard me talk about cats knows I'm crazy about Siamese, but I definitely plan on a Bengal in the future, too.
Bengal cats are wonderful cats in between bouts of damaging EVERYTHING YOU OWN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
"Cast iron skillet. Guaranteed to last a lifetime. DESTROYED BY A CAT."

LOL you should email the company if you know who made it.

Are they indoor only cats?
Yes, they are indoor only cats. I think they need a giant hamster wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
My friend has two, they are named Spazz and Stormy
They are really lovely though both in looks and personality, they're just...special.
In this case, "special" means "EVIL"... not "slow". LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
They are evil.

I think this one is mixed with a Siamese... MEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Our cats aren't normally loudmouths. Though I will say that the Skillet-Killer is currently crated in the laundry room and is expressing his displeasure with this punishment. Actually, honestly, he's more upset that he's been removed from human contact. It's the source of his power.

His isolation is for his own safety. He can come out when I'm done wanting to kill him.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Fishies!

Someone decided to name this one Pandora. Admitting it is evil, right?

No cast iron broken though.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM
My dog tickles my soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *points* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously, email the company with that picture. xD

You love Ticheli, don't even try and be mad at him
Shhh... don't tell HIM that... He's in TROUBLE right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
When my sister was looking for a kitten, we went and saw a litter of Bengal kittens.

We entered the home, and my sister, father and I were struck by the disarray. There were newly patched holes on the wall, and what little furniture there was had claw marks. They had a surfboard propped up so that the stairs were impassible. Odd, thought we.

The poor 8 week old kittens were being kept in a wire dog crate, and their sad mewls made all of us think that this woman was perhaps a psycho animal torturer. In a stoic sort of way, she said, "I guess you'll be wanting me to let them out, then."

We nodded, and she did. Within an instant, the kittens had scattered. Two of them made it up to the top of the drapes, and were scuttling along the curtain rod. One of them was on the mantle, some how. One was clawing it's way up the surfboard, leaving little grooves. One was pin-balling from person to person, claws out. It was complete chaos. Total insanity.

The woman explained that the holes were from when one of the kittens escaped into the attic, and fell into the wall. They had to punch 6 or 7 holes before they found him. That's why the surfboard was up.

We met the mother cat, and she was quite sweet. Then the woman asked her 16 year old, burly son to come downstairs.

"Go get Mozart."

He paled. "You do it."

"No."

"Just do it."

"No."

They had an eye-locked battle of will, and the son caved. He hopped over the surfboard, and went through the laundry room, into the garage.

There was a slow growing grrRRR-RRRAWWWRRRR, like a motorized leopard being wound up to alert us of a bombing, and the son slammed himself back into the laundry room.

He bolted back upstairs.

The woman, flustered, laughed, and said, "Well, uh, I guess we won't be meeting him. Could you help me gather the kittens?"

I bet when you tell some people that story, they think you're lying.
I am not one of those people. I believe 100% in the accuracy of this story.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Picture of said kitty please They are to cute. I'm never getting a cat again though!!!!

Someone I know on another forum adopted two. I think she was shocked she was able to adopt them and not pay a huge price. Well one got a leg stuck in a grocery bag and went tearing around the house. She laughed and laughed as the cat ran forever until she realized the cat peed the whole way around. which I guess any cat could do. But thats a clean up.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfox426 View Post
I bet when you tell some people that story, they think you're lying.
I am not one of those people. I believe 100% in the accuracy of this story.
Only people who've met Bengals believe us.

Part two, is that we thought it was a fluke, so we went to see another litter.

The sire lived in an enclosed porch off the back of the house. While we were there, her reached one paw up to the handle of the sliding glass door and let himself in.

That was the straw that changed my sister's mind.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post

"Go get Mozart."

He paled. "You do it."

"No."

"Just do it."

"No."

He bolted back upstairs.

OMG!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Picture of said kitty please They are to cute. I'm never getting a cat again though!!!!

Someone I know on another forum adopted two. I think she was shocked she was able to adopt them and not pay a huge price. Well one got a leg stuck in a grocery bag and went tearing around the house. She laughed and laughed as the cat ran forever until she realized the cat peed the whole way around. which I guess any cat could do. But thats a clean up.
She has two. She just happens to like Whitacre, cause he makes Ticheli do all the work in their plans.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM
orange iguanas.

Pictures of evil kitty, please!! This does not change my mind about wanting a Bengal

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 PM
Sit! Good dog.

What do you mean.... they're pussy cats

Shan doesn't know what you're talking about

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein