Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Taxiderpy

Default Close call tonight...

Something in the universe wants me to not get any sleep.

All week long I've gotten <4 hours of sleep daily because my son has decided he loves waking up at 3 am and stays awake until it is time for my daughter to wake up for school.

Tonight, he woke up at 1 am right when I was trying to lay down. So I put Strider out in the yard and padlocked the gate (he was asking to go out). At 3:30 am my son finally fell asleep, so I went outside to bring Strider in.

And the gate was open.

So I ran inside and grabbed the mag light. Said tons of prayers while searching the yard hoping that he was still inside. He wasn't. Then right as I was leaving to go inside and call 911 he rushed up to the outside of the fence, greeted me, then ran to the front porch to be let in. Oh my gosh I was sooo relieved.

Strider is fine at least. I called 911 to report the break in. The officer just barely left here. He's driving around to see if any weird people are walking around messing with things. I'm just like whoa. Last Monday some weird girl tried breaking into our house in broad daylight right after going through everyone's mailboxes. Luckily we keep the door locked during the day or she would have walked right into our house. The police arrested her, and they told us someone had texted a bunch of house numbers to her cell and that they thought there was a group of people working together to case houses in the area.

I want a fila now. And I have to get up in 3 hours still. lol. See how long I can keep up the streak! If you have any powernap vibes I'd appreciate them. Right now there's too much adrenalin in my system to get to sleep.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Top Dog

wow, that's scary. I think one of my worst nightmares would be letting the dog out and then find out he/she is missing. Hopefully the cops can figure out who is doing this.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Love my pets

Glad everyone is okay. I hope you managed to get a little sleep.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Top Dog

Super scary! Good boy for staying close though.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Wow! Creepy! I'm so glad your good boy stuck around. That is just awful. Is it generally a sketchy neighborhood? Gosh, you need to be armed. A gun and a dog that makes you feel more secure would be perfect. (I'm waiting in the wings for puppy pictures.)
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 AM
Felurian

Yup. Fila. Now. Especially with all the other stuff . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Taxiderpy

The neighborhood isn't bad at all. We're surrounded by a HOA that grew up in a horseshoe around us and they're all really tidy.

Things didn't start getting bad until a Walmart went in three blocks north. Now we get all kinds of undesirable foot traffic. There's a homeless camp in the field behind the neighborhood but the people there are really nice. One of the homeless couples actually stalled the attempted break in girl until the cops could get here. The people in our neighborhood look out for them and make sure everyone has food and stuff. They said they'd be on the lookout for any suspicious folks coming through as well.

Oh man. I am so, so, THIS close to a fila. There was even a breeding JUST done that I really like, and I've been talking to the breeder soo.... Someone talk me out of it please!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Felurian

Don't look at me, lol! I've been drooling over Eva Dengler's pups on FB

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian