Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I wish you were closer!! I'd jog/walk/hike/do crazy workout routines with you. I want to be more active, but I get bored doing things by myself.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Show Dog

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? I know mine dips real low in the winter.
I can be lazy, but I find if I force myself to go out & take a walk. I do feel better when I'm finished. This is probably a big reason I got a dog.

I just joined a Zumba class, and as much as I probably look rediculous, I"m having a blast.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Forward to me too please...wondering if its the same one I have used (and it did work, very well)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Felurian

There was a crazy one that I used years ago to drop quick pounds. You ate a lot of eggs and grapefruit -- every morning, one day you ate lamb, one day steak and tomatoes, one day fruit all day . . . I wish I could find the same one. It worked like a charm to bust through plateaus. 15 pounds in two weeks was the average!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I think I forwarded to everyone who asked, but in case, I'll paste the pm here.

Quote:
The diet I've been doing is called the Jet Diet. I take HCG drops that release your stored fat into your bloodstream. You can only have 500 calories a day, but your body can take it because the drops are releasing 1500-2000 calories per day into your bloodstream. I do get hungry but it WORKS. I've been on it for a week and have lost 3 inches from my waist, stomach, and bust. The diet lasts 26-46 days (depending on what you want to do) and then you take 3-6 weeks off the diet (you don't/shouldn't gain anything back) and then you can go back on it if you have more to lose. The diet basically resets your metabolism so that you don't gain anything back, and your body handles calories differently so you can lost weight easier even when you are off of the jet diet. It's cool and the lady who recommended it to me lost 53lbs in 46 days. Pretty crazy.

Anyway, you can probably google more about it, I'm no expert on it, but so far I'm really satisfied!! It's not easy but it works. And you don't have to exercise or anything. In fact you should limit to 10-20 min per day if you DO exercise because of the limited calories.
You take six drops six times a day or nine drops four times a day. Here's an example of what I might eat in a day:

Breakfast: water or tea with lemon and stevia

Snack: apple

Lunch: 3.5 oz chicken (grilled with no fats, seasoned with anything as long as there's no sugar in it), one tomato (sliced with salt and pepper), two Melba rounds

Snack: orange

Dinner: 3.5 oz steak (grilled with no fats, seasoned...), 8 oz zucchini (grilled with lemon juice, salt, pepper), two Melba rounds

You can't eat or drink 20 minutes before or after you take the drops. You have to drink 2 quarts of water a day.

Like I said, it's not easy but it works. The reason I'm doing this though instead of any other diet is because it jump starts/resets your metabolism, which is something I really need.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Top Dog

I've never heard it called the jet diet...but sounds just like the regular HCG diet. It was created in the 50s by Dr Simeon (for the actual real diet, read his "Pounds and Inches" which is available several places online free).

This diet does work and it not as extreme as it sound when done properly. I always caution though, dont fall for the new fads springing up in the polpularity of the diet...fake drops, tweaks and changes to the allowed food, expensive clinics that "teach" you it, etc.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

I've been eating Paleo/Primal. And I've definitely dropped the weight I gained in the winter, and it's made it so much easier to get back into shape while not doing much at all. Paleo is fairly simple. No processed foods, no grain(this is hard, because of all the flour, corn by-products, and so on that is in our foods), and only natural carbs like sweet potatoes. You stock up on meat and veggies, and some fruit...but not a terrible amount because of the sugar. Some people cut out dairy, some don't. I did at first, then I've slowly added it back in. I cook with butter, olive oil, or coconut oil...never veggie oil or any other icky crap. No transfats...only natural saturated fats that's we've been eating forever.

I love it, because this is a diet I can eat EVERY DAY for the rest of forever...and be perfectly happy and healthy. And I AM happy and healthy. That is SUCH a huge deal to me! I have issues with depression and PCOS, hormonal crap and constantly tired. Not anymore. It isn't a fad diet that you're on for two weeks, lose the weight, get off it, and then gain the weight back. It's great for you, and the research and science behind it is solid. People with cholesterol issues, diabetes, people of all lifestyles and health issues, it works for everyone. No counting calories, either. You eat whatever you want, whenever you want. I'm probably averaging around 2500-3000 calories a day, doing next to nothing besides walking Zander, and I've gone down a couple pants sizes in the last 2 months. And I'm not even going all out. I still use typical creamer in my coffee, for example.

And, I can cheat every now and then without the world ending. Although, I feel so crappy afterwards that I really don't want to cheat! I even have DH on board, and he's a junk food and soda addict. He's lost weight, too, although he didn't have much to lose at all...he's just toned up a bit.

There's a group on facebook if you'd like more info or support. It's a pretty small group, but we all post recipes we've tried, research we've found, blogs, and some of our daily happenings.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Felurian

That's very much how I eat, Lyzelle, with no gluten and most days I keep it at 25 carbs or less and near or under 1000 calories.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Yep. I've tried gluten-free, because I'm not entirely sure if I have Crohn's or Celiac's, but after switching over completely and just doing no grain or starch what so ever, it's really made a difference. I don't live in the bathroom anymore. Lol. I think I started out at around 1000 calories, too, but I ended up gaining weight because I wasn't eating enough and not drinking enough water. Once I up'd calorie and water intake, the weight fell off super quick.

It really is a easy diet to follow. Here's the "Primal Food Pyramid":

Holy crap that was a big picture! I'll link it instead:

Picture!