Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

i have iron issues also , if you can find ones that have folic acid in them they are better because they folic acid helps your body absorb the iron .

if they are to expensive try taking them with a biog glass of citrusy juice , orange or some such.

hugs
Old 05-06-2012, 12:02 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm going to pm you the diet I've been doing. It's a little extreme but is not unhealthily so and it has worked great for me. I have lost 3 inches from my bust, tummy, and hips in one week.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Felurian

Send that one to me, too, if you don't mind, Dixie! I'm at a plateau and it's pissing me off.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM
The Littlest Hound

^^^psssst I second that!

My boyfriend eats super healthy but he also cycles at MINIMUM 4 hours a day - so his healthy & my healthy aren't really the same lol

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

Also, have a full medical work up done. Adrenals, thyroid, etc. For me, my D was ridiculously low, I was in adrenal fatigue, etc. Its not always as simple as eating healthy and exercising.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Let it be

I know this may sound kind of silly as it does involve sitting at the computer but look up a youtube guru of a diet or exercise routine you want to try! I find it really inspiring to hear stories of where people came from and how far they've come. It can really give you a nudge to get some encouragement.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

You know, if you are at very high risk of getting type 2 diabetes, you could just pretend you already have it and start counting carbs. You can reduce your risk of actually getting the disease while losing weight. Myfitnesspal is very helpful in this regard, as Renee mentioned, and the low or even very low carb lifestyle is not as horrible as I had imagined it might be.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Lab Love

I'm kinda in the same boat.

Around a year ago I started getting serious about weight loss, I weighed 258lbs . Through calorie counting, weight lifting and cardio (walking/biking) I was able to lose almost 60lbs. I've had dysthymia for a long time but I slipped into some major depression around 6 months ago, which caused me to regain 24lbs recently.

Weight lifting is often more effective than traditional cardio routines and will produce a nicer body afterwards. Weights first, cardio second.
Check out these links:
http://crissfit.tumblr.com/
www.stumptuous.com
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011...ro/#more-10042
http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

I took my BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) and subtracted around 450 from it, and that was my calorie intake for the day. I also aimed to burn at least 500 calories from exercise. Once you have a general idea of the amount of calories a certain serving of which ever food you eat, it gets really easy. Weight watchers is essentially calorie counting in a different form but if you want the moral support the meetings provide, that's a good way to go. I tried weight watchers but quite frankly found it annoying to go to the weekly meetings. I don't like bringing attention to myself, so WW wasn't for me.

The hardest part is diet, it's been said that %80 of weight loss is diet and I think that rings pretty true. You can do all the exercise you want and if you're still eating poorly and over maintenance you're going to gain. I work in construction as a drywaller - a super active job. I still managed to gain back that weight because I was eating utter crap every day. Fast food/processed foods for almost every meal. I'm trying to keep myself on track by reminding myself that if I don't do it now - I might as well never do it. Being healthy is a huge priority to me right now and I cannot fail. I've been fat all my life and I'm sick of it. I only have myself to blame too, which makes it that much motivating to change my habits.

good luck skittle!

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Also, have a full medical work up done. Adrenals, thyroid, etc. For me, my D was ridiculously low, I was in adrenal fatigue, etc. Its not always as simple as eating healthy and exercising.
Definitely! I'd get your fasting blood glucose done too.

Quote:
You know, if you are at very high risk of getting type 2 diabetes, you could just pretend you already have it and start counting carbs. You can reduce your risk of actually getting the disease while losing weight. Myfitnesspal is very helpful in this regard, as Renee mentioned, and the low or even very low carb lifestyle is not as horrible as I had imagined it might be.
This too. My diet is for 'diabetics' even though I'm not a diabetic.

I would get checked for PCOS if you can. I'm trying to get my doctor to put me on metformin. We will see. I couldn't get in to the doctor's for another month. My OBGYN just will not do it but my GP last time I was in recommended it. So in a month I'm going in to my GP to see what she thinks. *crosses fingers*
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Felurian

About the iron -- once upon a time I had a real problem keeping mine up to level, and iron supplements were just miserable for me to take. I "cured" it with a combination of eating plenty of eggs (at least half the time with the centers not hard cooked) and taking dessicated liver tablets with orange juice.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian