Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM
swimming upstream

Skittledoo--how is this food working for you? I am in the process of trying to find something new, since TOTW is under recall. My guys have done so well on it, particularly the waterfowl formula. So I am looking for something similar--this might be an option. What do you think of it?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

So far the dogs are doing fabulous on it. Cricket doesn't have the fish breath she had on Surf and Turf and actually Bamm is doing better on it than any kibble diet he has been on. He has IBS so transitioning him to a different food worried me, but we have absolutely NO issues whatsoever. I love it!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM
swimming upstream

thanks--it looks a bit more expensive than I want--I will have to see what our local pet store sells it for. Good to know you are liking it--I hate trying to switch foods when they have done so well on TOTW.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Ya it definitely isn't cheap. If I wasn't getting it at wholesale cost through my work there is no way I would be able to afford to feed it. I'm hoping that by the time I leave my job one day that I will be in a position to feed raw again.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Wow, your work really marks up prices on food... Most places here sell for a little over cost and that's it
Most places here retail the 25lb Fromm GF bags for around $85 - $90. Ours all retail at $87.99 and wholesale cost is around $48. According to a few customers, our price is slightly more favourable compared to a competing pet store down the road (Critter Jungle), but I haven't checked that yet.

So many of our customer dogs and cats are on Fromm. Gold, Four Star, Four Star GF... all do very well, and Fromm's been in business for forty years with no major issues. Proof is in the pudding!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
Most places here retail the 25lb Fromm GF bags for around $85 - $90. Ours all retail at $87.99 and wholesale cost is around $48. According to a few customers, our price is slightly more favourable compared to a competing pet store down the road (Critter Jungle), but I haven't checked that yet.
Ours retail for around $60 for the grain-free, and $45-50 for the Four-Star.

Just because I'm curious...how much does the 29.7lb bag of Orijen Adult retail for there? Or Regional Red?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:

So many of our customer dogs and cats are on Fromm. Gold, Four Star, Four Star GF... all do very well, and Fromm's been in business for forty years with no major issues. Proof is in the pudding!
I do not know how Canadian money differs from American money, but that sounds like a lot of $$$!!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaLilBitaLuck View Post
Ours retail for around $60 for the grain-free, and $45-50 for the Four-Star.

Just because I'm curious...how much does the 29.7lb bag of Orijen Adult retail for there? Or Regional Red?
It's a lot compared to the states, yes. TOTW is like that too. It retails for $71.99 at my store, and again that's comparable/competitive to other stores locally.

Orijen Regional Red retails for $81.99 IIRC, and Adult retails for around $76.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I do not know how Canadian money differs from American money, but that sounds like a lot of $$$!!
Our exchange rates have been relatively par for almost a year. My guess is that part of it is due to importing the food, but I could be wrong.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Porom & Barrett - Ferrets | Stan & Fiora - other half's cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
It's a lot compared to the states, yes. TOTW is like that too. It retails for $71.99 at my store, and again that's comparable/competitive to other stores locally.

Orijen Regional Red retails for $81.99 IIRC, and Adult retails for around $76.99.
Wow! Remind me never to move to Canada!

I'm sure its more expensive because it has to be imported and all that, but still. Yikes!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Holy Canadian sh!tcakes!! That is a lot of money. And your Orijen retails for about the same as ours even O.o

Bax, have you looked into Earthborn Holistic at all? They are going to have a grain free that is more comparable in price to the TOTW.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.