Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Exactly.

Been there, seen it, watched it happen to friends (sometimes the friend was the guy who was getting worked) and the bottom line is, no matter how much guys protest that they "understand women" and "know what is going on" they don't. No straight man will EVER understand the behaviors of manipulative barracudas.
not really trying to be rude, but what is your major malfunction with other women?? not all women are manipulative and use the poor man that is too dumb to realize it, but yet everytime a topic/question is posted about what men do or what women want either the man is dumbass and needs to be dumped or the woman is manipulative and needs to be hanged.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Felurian

No, not ALL, but they ARE out there.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

As a woman, why would I approach a married man, and then initiate a "friendship" where only he and I went out and did things, all the while is SO/wife/whatever is constantly left sitting at home twiddling her thumbs. If I'm making the point to engage a married man in lunch/supper dates and other activities, without the addition of his SO/wife, then I'm looking for something, and I don't want his SO/wife in my way. JMO

Like I already said, a "How are you? How's the fam? Can you believe that numbnuts at work today?!" phone call is fine. Going as friends and coworkers to eat at the same place for lunch is fine. But to start phoning, texting, and inviting out for all other kinds of activities, while ignoring the SO/wife, that's crossing the line. Maybe the intentions are innocent. But I have a hard time believing it.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Fila Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
As a woman, why would I approach a married man, and then initiate a "friendship" where only he and I went out and did things, all the while is SO/wife/whatever is constantly left sitting at home twiddling her thumbs. If I'm making the point to engage a married man in lunch/supper dates and other activities, without the addition of his SO/wife, then I'm looking for something, and I don't want his SO/wife in my way. JMO

Like I already said, a "How are you? How's the fam? Can you believe that numbnuts at work today?!" phone call is fine. Going as friends and coworkers to eat at the same place for lunch is fine. But to start phoning, texting, and inviting out for all other kinds of activities, while ignoring the SO/wife, that's crossing the line. Maybe the intentions are innocent. But I have a hard time believing it.
I'll second that!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:

I asked Nate how he would feel if I had the same situation happen with a guy and he said the idea made him uncomfortable, and I can't think of a less jealous guy.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Who woulda thought <3

do I have guy friends? yes. does my SO have female friends? yes. we both speak to them often and on the phone and in texts, I do agree that if he or I ever started spending more time with our friends than each other thats when it becomes a problem...

my SO spends all week with me, our weekends are ours to do with how we please, if we choose to spend it together fine, if not its no big deal, he takes care of "home" first and I trust him..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:

This is how I/my boyfriend feel as well. You put it nicely.

I'm sure sometimes the intentions are innocent. I haven't personally experienced this to be true, yet.

As for women mistrusting other women... it bothers me that the ill deeds of some women reflect so poorly on our entire gender. I've met some women (none on Chaz!) who literally say they HATE other women, all the while spouting off about how they believe in gender equality and gay rights and all that jazz. I think I have a bigger problem with the "woman hating" women than I do with attention-seekers, although the two are often one and the same. I wouldn't say I trust women less than men. Safe to say I just don't trust people at all until I know them very well.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 AM
Squishy face

I have friends with husbands that I don't particularly like for various reasons. But I still make an effort to treat them politely, because I value the friendship I have. I would wonder why this woman doesn't value the friendship that she has with your SO enough to at least treat you politely. Perhaps she really does have designs on your SO. Perhaps something you did or said somehow offended her in some way (some people read between the lines when there are actually no lines to read between). You should ask your SO to talk to his friend privately face to face and ask her what is the purpose of her behavior. For example, he could say "We've noticed you don't seem to particularly like my SO. If there is something she did that offended you, I assure you it wasn't intentional. Is there anything you would like to tell me about, because we would really like it if we could all be friends. "

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

If you trust your significant other, and other people are who you don't trust.. then what is the problem? They might try something and since you trust them to say no, they would, so..? My boyfriend is a good looking guy who is a hair stylist. He's around young girls all day who yammer about having crushes on him. Doesn't affect me one way or another.

I just figure I don't have to like my significant others friends and they don't have to like me. I'm an adult who isn't going to mix with EVERY body.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Obey the Toad.

Ehh, for me it is just a matter of not seeing any sense in borrowing trouble. I feel like at a certain level of seriousness in a relationship things change when it comes to the rules of friendships with the opposite sex. It's not like I monitor all Nate's interactions or he mine. He travels a lot for work, has attractive female coworkers, is in a band and frequently plays shows without me present and I don't think anything if it. Actually, it's not something that we have even sat down and discussed, just a kind of unspoken understanding we came to at some point.

And for the record, I don't hate women. I have, however, seen horrific enough behavior from fellow women to make me wary of someone who approaches a married man wanting to only be "friends" with him and not include his wife in their activities.

Bitches be crazy.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.