Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Wookie Collie

I've spent the weekend at a huge pet food purchasing show for my franchise(I'm still here) and the mass voluntary recalls happened smack dab in the middle of the fray. Infuriated store owners everywhere, worried TOTW, NB, Wellness and Canidae reps trying to claim their foods are okay... It's been a tense day. We're focusing our energy on press releases and switching customers to Canadian brands.

I'll elaborate later. Our Petcurean guys invited us out to the pub. we need it after today, eeeesh!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm getting so sick of these recalls. I would love to feed raw but it looks like I might even be driven to it out of necessity anyway. I need to find somebody to buy from. . .
Old 05-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

How long do you think these foods will be pulled from stores for? I don't think my parents want to switch off of TOTW, I'm not 100% sure how I feel. If they could afford Acana or NV Instinct I'd want them to switch but I don't think they can. TOTW is a good quality for the price I would like to at least have a look around at prices and perhaps give Earthborn a try though and that will only happen if they keep the food pulled for another week or so so that my parents can't buy the TOTW at the store when they need it.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

I've had such a day trying to explain this recall to people today...it's been crazy. People are really upset.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
How long do you think these foods will be pulled from stores for? I don't think my parents want to switch off of TOTW, I'm not 100% sure how I feel. If they could afford Acana or NV Instinct I'd want them to switch but I don't think they can. TOTW is a good quality for the price I would like to at least have a look around at prices and perhaps give Earthborn a try though and that will only happen if they keep the food pulled for another week or so so that my parents can't buy the TOTW at the store when they need it.

I went with Before Grain because it's the closest in price to TOTW at least at our store of choice. Maybe look into that? Also, the chicken flavor of Instict is the same price for a large bag though it holds slightly less.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
I've had such a day trying to explain this recall to people today...it's been crazy. People are really upset.
I'm glad I didn't work this weekend lol. None of our stock was affected, except for one bag of Wellness LB Puppy, but I don't know how reassuring that is to people. I still wouldn't want to feed any of the brands associated with the recall.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I'm glad I didn't work this weekend lol. None of our stock was affected, except for one bag of Wellness LB Puppy, but I don't know how reassuring that is to people. I still wouldn't want to feed any of the brands associated with the recall.
We had a pallet full of ToTW, Chicken Soup, and Premium Edge recalled bags. Honestly, it was the same ToTW that we were telling everyone was OK and not recalled last week...and that bothers me. I hope people understand it isn't our fault .

On another note, our other dog food stock is totally diminished. Blue Buffalo is just about sold out.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
We had a pallet full of ToTW, Chicken Soup, and Premium Edge recalled bags. Honestly, it was the same ToTW that we were telling everyone was OK and not recalled last week...and that bothers me. I hope people understand it isn't our fault .

On another note, our other dog food stock is totally diminished. Blue Buffalo is just about sold out.
All of this, especially the bolded.

Our TOTW distributor halted all deliveries when they found out the facility was shut down, but then announced that they had lots of food for shipment. My boss ordered $700 worth in one order (our store averages $300 weekly for TOTW regularily).

Three days later, this.

After assuring customers ten times over that TOTW is not affected.

While it isn't our fault, customers sure as hell don't see it that way sometimes.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
I went with Before Grain because it's the closest in price to TOTW at least at our store of choice. Maybe look into that? Also, the chicken flavor of Instict is the same price for a large bag though it holds slightly less.
Though the bag is a little smaller, the calorie count per cup is higher. NV Instinct, chicken is 490 and TOTW if you average out the varieties is about 360. This would be better info if I could figure out how many cups were in each bag.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Love my pets

My friend went to the Pet Supermarket chain and they removed all Diamond products from their shelves even if they were good bags. Our Tractor Supply had a sale this past week and usually the bags good quickly but this time weren't.

I've seen on some boards that people are changing to Earthborn Holistic.