Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Top Dog

Talking I think BMW will be selling lots on motorcycles in the near future...

Man sues BMW for "persistent erection" after motorcycle ride

SAN FRANCISCO (WBTV) - A California man has filed a lawsuit against a motorcycle maker and a motorcycle seat maker after he claims he suffered injuries that hurt his sexual life.

Henry Wolf, 52, claims he suffered the injury during a four-hour motorcycle ride in May 2010, according to a lawsuit filed in California last week.

The lawsuit says Wolf was riding his 1993 BMW motorcycle, which was fitted with a Corbin-Pacific seat, when he suffered a severe case of priapism - a persistent lasting erection.

"My client has suffered a serious injury; a complete erection for a year and a half," lawyer Vernon Bradley from Sausalito, California told WBTV on Monday afternoon. "Now he suffers from impotency."

Bradley says Wolf got medical opinions from three different doctors, including an expert on priapism from the University of California-San Francisco.

According to the lawsuit, Wolf claims his injury was caused by the "ridge-like seat on his motorcycle" which he claims was "negligently designed, manufactured and/or installed by the defendants."

Wolf claims he's suffered from the long lasting erections for 20-months after the injury occurred.

"He is now unable to engage in sexual activity, which is causing him substantial emotional and mental anguish," the lawsuit claims.

Wolf is suing BMW North America, the maker of the motorcycle, and Corbin-Pacific Inc, the maker of the motorcycle seat. The lawsuit was filed on April 26 in San Francisco Superior Court in California, requesting a jury trial.

Bradley says Wolf suffered from chronic pain after his injury. Several weeks after his injury, Wolf underwent a procedure in hopes to draw blood away from his genitals in an effort to ease his erection, Bradley said.

Wolf's problem recently changed from non-stop erection to impotency, Bradley says, and he may have to undergo surgery to fix the problem.

Wolf is suing in excess of $25,000 for general negligence and liability. He is seeking reimbursement for lost wages, hospital and medical expenses, and general damage.

Bradley expects that it could take at least two years before the case goes to trial, but says they are searching for other possible victims.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

Actually it was the aftermarket seat maker Corbin the guy is after isn't it?

Want to hear irony? I had a Corbin seat on my Honda....

I found it to... Hard.... LMAO

ETA I see in the article you posted he is suing BMW as well.. I missed that in the article I read on my Motorcycle forum
Old 05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Top Dog

The article lost me at "ridges". Lol!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Call me old fashioned. But did it not occur to him to, I don't know, climb off the bike when this problem started?

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Call me old fashioned. But did it not occur to him to, I don't know, climb off the bike when this problem started?
That's not how we roll here in the Litigious States (especially in California). Just keep doing something that you know is hurting you and sue somebody afterwards.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Felurian

So . . . he's waited until deflation before filing suit . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian