Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

I have the Precision brand two-door crates. I only buy Precision now - my dogs crack the Midwest crate trays very easily and often. The Precision really hold up.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
aka PretzelDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I have the Precision brand two-door crates. I only buy Precision now - my dogs crack the Midwest crate trays very easily and often. The Precision really hold up.
This is the one I have and really like. It's pretty sturdy and is easy to put up and fold down. Can't compare it to others though as it's the only brand I've ever owned.

I don't like the idea of plastic crates as I always think there's not enough air circulation, although I know they are required if you're going to fly your dog.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Bite me.

I don't use, and won't use, wire crates. Had a dog badly injured in a Precision wire crate while traveling in the van with me.

We use Vari Kennels mostly, although we do have a Furrari here. Furrari's are not standard size, so we can't fly with them.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I believe all the wire crates are off the Midwest brand. Used to have a couple of soft crates, but Lincoln decided to eat them.

I am stupidly excited about getting some very large collapsable Nylabone crates next weekend, they are going to be awesome for trials, collapsible, and lightweightish and can hold more than one dog!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I've got Precision crates and Midwest crates and they've been pretty much the same from my experience. Payton is in Auggie's old Midwest Crate double-door. I felt really bad switching their crates but Payton just got too big... and Auggie didn't really NEED the big crate... but I have guilt anyway LOL. Auggie is in a new Midwest i-Crate. Payton currently sleeps in a Precision crate in my bedroom at night until we get his tummy stuff figured out. It's actually Pepper's crate, I bought it for her, but, well.

I HAD two N2Ns that I used in the car and in hotels when we traveled. I now have one N2N and one N2N with a HOLE out the side mesh. AUGGIE. So Auggie now has a Varikennel he uses in the car and will use in hotels and stuff, because he is bad. I call it his clamshell. I really don't like it but I don't want him in the car in a wire crate, and I wasn't going to waste my money buying another N2N he would chew out of. *sigh* We've had that thing for YEARS and he never so much as tried to chew it... bad, bad, BAD dog.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Bite Club

Those TransK9 look nice!! The price though - gulp... We need something like that, but just the door part for the back of our vehicle so we can keep the back open for air, and still keep Riley contained. Aside from something custom made, there is no crate that we can find that will fit in our Journey, AND be comfortable for Riley the giant freak.

My husband is going to attempt to get some sort of cage like door custom made by a welder - we shall see how that goes!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM
All For The Pit Bulls

I am unsure of the brand but one day I will have one of these. One day.

http://www.list-alert.com/images2/20...2052-64959.jpg

Jack, missing you every day since 12/6/11
Beagle, run free with Jack little friend, 4/9/12
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I have a pink plastic cat kennel I was given when first got Rascal (I wa walking him to the vet in the box he came on, somebody stopped me and gave me it), we use it as Ren's bad boy crate now

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-04-2012, 02:10 PM
FidoFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Do you know who will be selling them?
Mighty Mite Dog Gear sells the Variocrates. They are selling them at a discount.

http://www.mightymitedoggear.com/MIM...Car_Crate.html
Old 08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
FidoFitness

For some reason my previous post is not showing up. Wanted to reply to the person who said she was waiting for Cleanrun to sell the Variocages. Mighty Mite Dog Gear has them already. You can order from them on line - mightymitedoggear.com