Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Big Dog

Gnash has his IPO3 multiple times, an AD and he just turned 3 years of age. Creasy has zilch, he just turned 1 year old.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia has her CGC. Beau has his AKC Ch. Summer has some sort of therapy dog cert from before I got her.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Top Dog

King- Evil genius. Boss dog. Zero tolerance for dogs that question his authority. You want me to do WHAT? award. Agilty? I can do it amazingly well, but it's stupid award.

Molly- Fastest heartbeat when in a panic award. Loudest tooth grinding (So loud my dad thought his new car was having major problems) when going to daycare award. 13 time shaking uncontrollably at the vets award winner. Fastest turning red when upset award 13 times running.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Macky has her RN, RA, CD, and her RL1 (APDT). We're working on the CDX and maybe the RE, although I'm not really feeling that right now.

Keeva has 50 UKC pts and we're going to work on her RN this summer. Hopefully she will be titled in OB, Rally, Agility, and Herding. Oh, and I'm interested in tracking as well.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Macky has her RN, RA, CD, and her RL1 (APDT). We're working on the CDX and maybe the RE, although I'm not really feeling that right now.

Keeva has 50 UKC pts and we're going to work on her RN this summer. Hopefully she will be titled in OB, Rally, Agility, and Herding. Oh, and I'm interested in tracking as well.
Tracking is fuuun. I've been training Elsie for it, and it's the one activity that she goes absolutely bonkers for. I got to go observe at a tracking trial recently, too, and that was neat, too.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
Tracking is fuuun. I've been training Elsie for it, and it's the one activity that she goes absolutely bonkers for. I got to go observe at a tracking trial recently, too, and that was neat, too.
Cardis seem to do well at tracking too, as long as they're fairly drivey. I think it's something to do with their noses already being that much closer to the ground, LOL!

Do you have any resources on starting tracking yourself?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
Cardis seem to do well at tracking too, as long as they're fairly drivey. I think it's something to do with their noses already being that much closer to the ground, LOL!

Do you have any resources on starting tracking yourself?
At the event we went to, an Am. cocker got her TD and an Am. staff got his (or her, I can't remember) TDX. I got to hang at 'base camp' all day because my dad has a 4runner and was schlepping the judges around. But yeah, from what you've said about Keeva, she'll probably love it. Elsie was so awful about putting her nose on the ground during walks, and doing an activity where she's allowed to sniff has cut down on 'following her nose' during heeling and walks a lot.

I've been using 'Tracking from the Ground Up' (which is available for kindle! I did not know that) and my dad, who has done this before. We're at the stage where we drop treats about every 6-10 feet now, so we're not quite there yet. I'm hoping to be ready to start writing checks this fall, lol.