Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:14 AM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogKisses View Post
Well if it's not Ryan typing, it's either Laur or Frodo. So either one works!
LOL, it was actually SpringerLover But she's pretty cool too....I guess

Now I want a brindle poodle!
Or a phantom poodle (always thought they were pretty)
I think my fave color poodle will always be blue though.
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
They also come in blue, cafe au lait, cream, silver, and silver beige. Add in a parti gene and you've got those colors in parti version. Though I have never seen a "grey" poodle, they've always either been blue or silver. "shrug". Brindles, sables, parti, and phantoms are poodle colors, they are just not registrable with some clubs. But they are still poodles.
Yes, but the dilutes are only allowed to be show at AKC, in FCI they can't be shown, only the ones I described, if I'm not mistaken the grey is the AKC silver.


FCI is also a lot more strict in how defined the colors should look.

Quote:
COLOUR: Solid colour: black, white, brown, grey, orange fawn (apricot) and red fawn.

Brown: Should be deep, rather dark, uniform and warm. Beige and its paler derivatives are not admitted.

Grey: Must be uniform, deep, neither blackish nor whitish.

Orange fawn: Must be uniform without tending to pale fawn, cream or red fawn.

Red fawn: Must be uniform over the entire body. It must never tend to orange fawn.

Eyelids, nose, lips, gums, palate, natural orifices, scrotum and pads are well pigmented.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:35 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
Yes, but the dilutes are only allowed to be show at AKC, in FCI they can't be shown, only the ones I described, if I'm not mistaken the grey is the AKC silver.


FCI is also a lot more strict in how defined the colors should look.
The question wasn't what poodles are show quality... The question was if they come in certain colour/patterns.

Pet or show quality does not decide if a dog is purebred.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
The question wasn't what poodles are show quality... The question was if they come in certain colour/patterns.

Pet or show quality does not decide if a dog is purebred.
I already said the colors in my first post in this tread, the second post was a reply for MericoX question on the grey.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
I already said the colors in my first post in this tread, the second post was a reply for MericoX question on the grey.
I am aware, but you dismissed the colors Mer added, that poodles DO come in, because you can't show them in one venue. When whether you can show them or not is completely irrelevant, since the colors do exist
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I am aware, but you dismissed the colors Mer added, that poodles DO come in, because you can't show them in one venue. When whether you can show them or not is completely irrelevant, since the colors do exist
Yeah, but according to FCI for example a cafe o lait is a brown but dilute, just not showable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

For next time I should be more clear on those kind of things , my mistake.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
Yeah, but according to FCI for example a cafe o lait is a brown but dilute, just not showable.
And grey is black dilute.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM
MericoX's Avatar
MericoX MericoX is offline
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In depression
Posts: 5,236
Default

Yes, but AKC has grey and silver listed separately. I have no clue what FCI has as allowable colors, I was just listed ones they come in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Sapphire-Light's Avatar
Sapphire-Light Sapphire-Light is offline
woof!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Yes, but AKC has grey and silver listed separately. I have no clue what FCI has as allowable colors, I was just listed ones they come in.
I didn't knew that, all those different names, is confusing for the both sides , they should have an agreement.

To add more to the confusion the CKC and UKC has some different descriptions as well, one of this accepts parties as showables I forget wish one.

It would be a good thing if AKC and FCI could accept parties and phantoms for show, and make something categories like cockers have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site