My spouse/mom/dad/sibling has one that I mooch off of 2 3.13%
I have a Human Cent-iPad 3 4.69%
Hummus in a pita 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I would still have a laptop, but it would've been nice to bring on campus. I used to have classes back to back so I'd bring my laptop to pass the time. Having an iPad would've been easier to carry around and use. There's 10 hours of battery life on it as well, so there wouldn't have been a need to carry around a charger either.
I use mine for school. Typing on it is not near as hard as people make out.
Someone gifted me a keyboard case for mine that I use occasionally but typing, especially on the new one, is really easy.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Let it be

I don't go out of the house enough to justify those kind of purchases. I am inside a lot of the day or in the yard. Or on a dog walk taking the kid and the dog to the park. Nothing that would require me to have internet access while away from the house. I'm on here too much as it is.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Top Dog

I do NOT have an ipad. We do have an imac as a main computer at home, and I love it for all sorts of reasons. and we both have ipod touches that we love.

I really did want an ipad for work, but it wasn't very compatible with the software we run, so I had to get a windows tablet, and I do like that for work. It's very portable, the touch isn't as nice as apple products. Windows just doesn't do well with touch screens IMO.

But I have HDMI output, 2 usb's, SD car slots, so that's nice as well.

I"d still rather the ipad, but at this point it still doesn't work and I could have bought 2 or 3 of them for the price of this tablet.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Smartphones are gateway devices. Once you have a small portable device with the internet just two seconds away you can NEVER GO BACK. I kind of wish I'd never gotten one in the first place, despite how handy it is for googling things to win arguments.
SERIOUSLY! I couldn't imagine not having a smart phone. I really don't know how I survived without it.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielou View Post
I use mine for school. Typing on it is not near as hard as people make out.
Someone gifted me a keyboard case for mine that I use occasionally but typing, especially on the new one, is really easy.
LOL I am only going by what classmates and my brother (who owns one and another tablet) tell me. They all say they love their ipads and enjoy them for many things, but working on reports, assignments etc they say they prefer a real keyboard.

I just steal my brother's and play games on it. His tablets are kind of fun, but I can see myself getting bored after a while.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I can't see ever getting bored of it. I use my iPhone ALL the time for internet browsing, so this will just make things easier.

ETA: If our MacBook was solely mine, then I wouldn't need the iPad. The iPad is MUCH cheaper than getting a second laptop. Win win. lol.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I have a smartphone and my other half bought me a laptop a couple of Christmass ago... can't see what a tablet could add that they don't already do.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Professional Nerd

I can't see the poll from Tapatalk, but we have a laptop, a netbook, several desktops, my Android phone, and my Nook Tablet. I rooted it so I can install whatever I want on it. Now it's a poor girl's tablet. LMAO.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Smartphones are gateway devices. Once you have a small portable device with the internet just two seconds away you can NEVER GO BACK. I kind of wish I'd never gotten one in the first place, despite how handy it is for googling things to win arguments.
And this... sometimes I think about disconnecting myself from the world...... but.. I can't!!!! I'm hooked and I know it.

One day I will, and I know ill be just as happy as Larry!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I don't go out of the house enough to justify those kind of purchases. I am inside a lot of the day or in the yard. Or on a dog walk taking the kid and the dog to the park. Nothing that would require me to have internet access while away from the house. I'm on here too much as it is.
I feel like that too. I'm on the internet too much as is. Most the time I'm either at work where I'm on the computer all day, or at home or someone's house where I can get on the wireless. Or I'm somewhere doing something fun where I don't WANT to be thinking about the internet.