No, I have no use for one 17 26.56%
My spouse/mom/dad/sibling has one that I mooch off of 2 3.13%
I have a Human Cent-iPad 3 4.69%
Hummus in a pita 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 12:10 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I voted hummes... I have Android tablet and love it

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Water Junkie

Apple products here - LOVE them! The iPad is fabulous.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I WISH they had them when I was in college! I used to lug my laptop around campus with me, and it would've been really nice to just take the tablet with me.
Most of the people I know who got them for school ended up with a laptop or netbook. They suck for typing on. They said they enjoy them for browsing the web in bed etc, but that they found they just weren't practical for academic use.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I voted the 3rd one, cause I didn't see the one about mooching off of a family member! XD We have one, but I hardly get to use it. It's my dads. It's fun though, and my dad is 100 times better than me at draw something because he has a huuuuuge screen and I have I little iPhone screen lol!!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
Most of the people I know who got them for school ended up with a laptop or netbook. They suck for typing on. They said they enjoy them for browsing the web in bed etc, but that they found they just weren't practical for academic use.
I would still have a laptop, but it would've been nice to bring on campus. I used to have classes back to back so I'd bring my laptop to pass the time. Having an iPad would've been easier to carry around and use. There's 10 hours of battery life on it as well, so there wouldn't have been a need to carry around a charger either.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Wookie Collie

Don't have one yet, but a tablet would be handy for all of my business stuff and scheduling. Not an iPad, though. I'd get an Android tablet.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I would still have a laptop, but it would've been nice to bring on campus. I used to have classes back to back so I'd bring my laptop to pass the time. Having an iPad would've been easier to carry around and use. There's 10 hours of battery life on it as well, so there wouldn't have been a need to carry around a charger either.
Ah.. Still you see a lot of first years carting them around. By second year only a few.. and after that you just don't see them. My net book gets about that amount of battery life, is small and better for typing. I do get what you mean about between classes, I take my ebook reader for that. But maybe as one gets in the upper years there are other things you should be doing than surfing the web between classes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Let it be

I don't really own electronics beyond the basics. None of it's mine either! I use my boyfriend's computer and TV. He has a cell phone that is only used when someone goes out for the night so I borrow it the rare time I do. I'm so exciting.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
You are not the only one. I do not have an iphone or any other smart phone. I am not going to pay for internet on my phone, when I already pay $50/month to have internet at home.

I want a tablet just because I like gadgets and would like to have the game apps and also the educational apps for the kids. But I haven't bought one because I can't justify $600 for a toy that will only distract me more from all the things I should be doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
I don't really own electronics beyond the basics. None of it's mine either! I use my boyfriend's computer and TV. He has a cell phone that is only used when someone goes out for the night so I borrow it the rare time I do. I'm so exciting.
I feel quite a bit better! I have a regular old cell phone and a laptop for internet. Works well for me.

I might get a smart phone this next go around once my contract is up. Not sure if I want to pay for the internet on it every month. There are very few times I really think 'it would be nice right now to have a phone with internet'. Don't think it would be worth the cost every month if I never use it.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I might get a smart phone this next go around once my contract is up. Not sure if I want to pay for the internet on it every month. There are very few times I really think 'it would be nice right now to have a phone with internet'. Don't think it would be worth the cost every month if I never use it.
Smartphones are gateway devices. Once you have a small portable device with the internet just two seconds away you can NEVER GO BACK. I kind of wish I'd never gotten one in the first place, despite how handy it is for googling things to win arguments.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013