No, I have no use for one 17 26.56%
My spouse/mom/dad/sibling has one that I mooch off of 2 3.13%
I have a Human Cent-iPad 3 4.69%
Hummus in a pita 7 10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Slave to the Aussie

Posting on mine right now

I upgraded from the original to the iPad 3 a month or two ago.

I love it and will never by a laptop or anything like that again.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Don't have one, don't really want one

Mainly because there are so many other things that I would buy first. Like Keen shoes and 7 years worth of bully sticks and trachea's for Frodo!

I love my iPhone and my Nook for when I travel, and when I'm at home I have my laptop or Ryan's unnecessarily large desktop to use.

The running joke here is "you could sell it for an iPad!" because the kid who we got the rats from was getting rid of them so that he could save for an iPad *facepalm*

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I have an iPhone, but the screen is SO small for browsing. Having the iPad will make that a lot easier. I'm excited about having it for our trip, too. It will be easier to carry around than our MacBook, and like I said, if it gets stolen it won't be as big of a deal.

I WISH they had them when I was in college! I used to lug my laptop around campus with me, and it would've been really nice to just take the tablet with me.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Top Dog

They're kind of cool. My husband had the first one, I played on it sometimes, He got the new one when it came out and brought his old one to work for his employees and customers to use. I rarely use the new one. I used to use it a lot more when I only had a desk top but since I've had a Macbook I pretty much never touch it. Chloe LOVES playing games on it which she gets to do every now and then. It has a super bulky rubber protective case on it, lol.

I, personally, never wanted one of my own but they are cool and I see the appeal. My mother only uses the internet for email, FB, and shopping so my dad got her one for xmas since her laptop was ancient and it was messing up. I think that's a good use for one but I have school so I need to do more typing and the ipad just doesn't cut it.

Ours will come in handy next week on our cruise. Danny loads it up with shows from itunes so we have something to watch on the cruise since their tv sucks and you can't stream any videos in the middle of the ocean, lol. That's what we did last time.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm All Ears

Nope don't have one and don't want one. I doubt I'd use it except to play angry birds.

Of course I'm the weird person who doesn't have a smartphone or internet on their phone at all either. I really just... can't justify the cost for it. My laptop does just fine. and there's so many other things I want more.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Nope. I have a MacBook and an iPod touch (and an iPhone when I get home), so there's no need. They really don't appeal to me.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
*Now with Snark*

I will not be keeping an Apple product in my home until Apple does something about the conditions in which they are manufactured. So nope, don't have one, don't want one.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Resident fainting goat

I have one and love it!! lol it's a lifesaver and these days.. I forgot how I got on without it..
I take it everywhere and have all my books on it and record my classes on it (it's so much lighter than lugging my macbook everywhere, and much easier to surf and enjoy in public)

Personally, I think it's awesome.
I was also one who just "didn't get it"..and then I got one. And now I'm like, HOW DID I EVER THINK THIS WAS A BAD IDEA?! lol

Then again, I love apple products so I went into it knowing I wouldn't be disappointed it's performance.

I now have the nano, the macbook, the ipod.. and waiting for my iphone lol so officially basically have the set Apple products are one of my splurges and purely just awesome things I know are expensive but I know are worth it so I always shell out money for.
I know anything else I buy I will be disappointed (I have been through 2 e-readers and countless other laptops before) sooo eh, to me, it's a worthwhile expense.

Oh and check amazon for the TARGUS cleanvu pad. It's like 11$ and works like magic.. (sometimes, after a long while, the oil from your fingers will come off onto the screen and that get's annoying. The pad makes it all sparkly and clean again)

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Don't have one, don't want one for personal use.

Now, for the classroom, that's another story. I have visions of a class set of tablets, tied to my computer (which projects onto the screen). I'd love to be able to throw up a problem, and then watch 25 kids scurry away solving it on the ipad, and flip around whose work I project and we learn from. It could be anonymous, engaging, and just more fun than pencil and paper for my 8th grade algebra students.

BUT...since the apps for math stop at middle school math (i.e. Math 8, not algebra), the technology I want doesn't exist (I've asked, the county has done research, they can't find it), and even if it did it would be insanely expensive....

NO, no need for an ipad.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

Of course I'm the weird person who doesn't have a smartphone or internet on their phone at all either. I really just... can't justify the cost for it. My laptop does just fine. and there's so many other things I want more.
You are not the only one. I do not have an iphone or any other smart phone. I am not going to pay for internet on my phone, when I already pay $50/month to have internet at home.

I want a tablet just because I like gadgets and would like to have the game apps and also the educational apps for the kids. But I haven't bought one because I can't justify $600 for a toy that will only distract me more from all the things I should be doing.