Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Agility freak!

Default My mare foaled today.

My mare, Jessie, foaled today. I was REALLY hoping for a nice colourful filly with as much spunk as her momma's got for my dream barrel horse...

Instead she popped out this (excuse the bad picture and the dirty stall!)

Solid stud colt. Le sigh. But that said, I AM happy that the birth was relatively easy, fast and that both are okay... even if she did pop out exactly what I didn't want. I asked her to take him back but she won't.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Let it be

I think he's adorable. We don't always get what we want but we usually get what we need in animals. He might just be everything you really hope for... just in the wrong look.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Top Dog

I agree with Paige, don't write him off now! If he has the temperament and aptitude, the rest will seem trivial.

(and though I'm sure it doesn't help... I would be so thrilled if I had a horse, much less a horse with foal! That is really cool)
Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Agility freak!

I didn't really intend on keeping the foal unless it was a filly, honestly. While I understand I I should be greatful for any horse at all, I should point out that *I* already own two horses, this mare and another Percheron/Pinto mare, plus my mom has a mare and a filly and a stallion, and my sister has a mare and a gelding. So I know I sound like an ungreatful brat.

He's some cute and I like him so far. We'll see how he turns out and how serious I am about the horse thing when it comes time to decide to keep him or sell him.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Let it be

Oh I just meant enjoy him while you have him. Nothing wrong with not intending to keep him.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Just try me..

Colour has no impact on speed! Or temperament. (What colour was the dad?) I worked in a racing AQHA barn for a while... loads of fast chestnut horses there!! And plenty of chrome!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Agility freak!

Dad's a solid, too, so there was plenty of chance we'd get a solid. I was just hoping for at least a filly, lol. I know it has no impact on speed, and if I like this boy enough I'll keep him even if he is solid.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityPup View Post
I didn't really intend on keeping the foal unless it was a filly, honestly. While I understand I I should be greatful for any horse at all, I should point out that *I* already own two horses, this mare and another Percheron/Pinto mare, plus my mom has a mare and a filly and a stallion, and my sister has a mare and a gelding. So I know I sound like an ungreatful brat.
I wasn't trying to say that you're an ungrateful brat! Reading back I came off as preachy, I didn't mean to, lol it makes sense that when you're familiar with something you're more likely to be critical of it. It's just from an outsider's perspective... he's really cute! lol
Old 04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Awwww he's cute!! I love his high white socks.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I wasn't trying to say that you're an ungrateful brat! Reading back I came off as preachy, I didn't mean to, lol it makes sense that when you're familiar with something you're more likely to be critical of it. It's just from an outsider's perspective... he's really cute! lol
You didn't come off like that -- I just didn't want people to think that was how I was looking at the situation. Like a spoiled brat and mad cause he's not exactly what I wanted, when in reality, I don't even know if I'm going to get back into the horses serious enough to justify keeping another, lol.