Coffee 24 48.98%
Hot Cocoa/Hot Chocolate 19 38.78%
Chicory/Chicory blend 1 2.04%
Anything as long as it has alcohol in it 0 0%
Other 6 12.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Show Dog

I drink coffee all day long. I too was pretty much raised on it. My grandparents start giving us espresso at 2.
I was in Seattle for the first time last year, and was in awe with all the coffee shops.
Even better driving out to the mountains, the little coffee shops on the side of the roads.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM
swimming upstream

coffee, tea, then hot chocolate. Definitely a coffee girl.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Professional Nerd

Hot chocolate is the only hot beverage that I will drink.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Slave to the Aussie

Hot Ribena!

Or the occasional cup of tea.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Taxiderpy

Coffee smells awesome, but has a horrible aftertaste. Once Moxiecollies coaxed me into trying some sort of triple chocolate minty mocha with fresh whipped cream and sprinkles and chocolate shavings and gold nuggets and unicorn farts. It tasted AMAZING, until I swallowed then OMG THE NASTY!!!!

Why would somebody ruin such an amazing hot chocolate by adding coffee I will never understand.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Top Dog

I voted tea, but it was a toss-up, really, between tea and coffee. I only drink coffee at work, though, and I have a cup of tea almost every day, so tea wins.

I can't go to sleep at night without this:

YUM, so good, and also it helps with migranes and cramps.

My new favorite this summer is made with my own brewed herbs, apple mint and lemon balm; I brew it then drink it iced. OMG SO GOOD. But it's mean because my plants are little and I only get enough leaves for one or two cups at a time, then I have to wait for them to grow again. I have to plan for a cup of tea WEEKS ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
Starbuck's white chocolate mocha is the BEST.
THIS TOO. I also make special trips out of the way to go to Starbuck's during Christmas, to get the peppermint mocha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
And for those of you who like mochas, easy peasy way to make a mocha is put coffee in your hot chocolate. It was my go-to afternoon drink over the winter, and so easy to make with instant hot chocolate. No cream or sugar required.
Also mix powdered hot chocolate with coffee, I do that all the time too.

I started, also, making flavored coffees with tea bags. Just pour the hot coffee and then seep the tea in the cup. Orange was my favorite. Also this is a good way to make your own peppermint mocha: peppermint tea, hot chocolate mix, and coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I love hot chocolate and hot apple cider though! Yum yum!!
I don't like apple cider, it gives me a stomach ache. But this winter I found apple cider tea, it was REALLY good, a lot lighter than apple cider. Plus it smells very homey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Coffee smells awesome, but has a horrible aftertaste. Once Moxiecollies coaxed me into trying some sort of triple chocolate minty mocha with fresh whipped cream and sprinkles and chocolate shavings and gold nuggets and unicorn farts. It tasted AMAZING, until I swallowed then OMG THE NASTY!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Top Dog

My body does not like caffeine in general so I tend to stick with the hot chocolate!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

I love coffee so, so much. I actually crave it. (And yes, I have a very real and super healthy caffeine addition -- coffee and Diet Coke.)

I don't really "get" tea. I've tried. It's better for you, and I have friends that are really into it, but it just doesn't do it for me. Sometimes I like the non-caffeinated fruity ones, and I like peppermint tea. But not "real" tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Because I can become a seriously scary person when I abuse caffeine
And I'm bad at not abusing it, lol.

When you wake up and the second thing you think is that you NEED CAFFEINE! (the first is, of course, that I'm going to kill Frodo, because he's standing on me and woofling in my face)
And then on my drive to work I'm thinking about whether I want Red Bull or Mountain Dew for lunch. And if it's a big shipment day, just how many Red Bulls I can consume before I start to get the shakes. At that point, something is wrong

This morning I tried to trick myself into believing I was caffeinated by drinking decaf tea. I wasn't fooled
Oh my gosh, I hear you! I had to stop buying Red Bull because otherwise I could drink like 3 in a row. And everyone always says they're so horrible and gross tasting and I think they're yummy!

Just consider taking it slow. Caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst!

(Yes, I've tried, several times. But then I tell myself that there are plenty of worse vices, lol.)
Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

Tea here. There is a Chinese Flower Tea that I would simply drink all the time if it were more accessible. (the local store stopped carrying it *weep*)