Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Top Dog

Chows: most definitely. They're the breed I adore. I'll always have two, I think

Yorkies: No. No no no. Jules is my second Yorkie. He's single-handedly sworn me off the breed, lol. Love him to pieces, but never again.

Poodle/Chi mix: Being a mix, I dont' know that they'd have Ginger's temperament, so I'd not seek one out purposefully. She's so adorable though and a fabulous little dog, so if there were a rescue mix that looked similar and had a similarly easygoing temperament, we'd give them a second look. She's very elderly (15) and kind of teetering on a bit senile now, but she was (and still is) a gentle and unflappable dog.

Poodle: Yes. I'd like a Standard next time around, but I love the breed as a whole.

Brussels Griffon: yes. It was a breed we'd always liked, lookswise but hadn't managed to meet one in person. Nog is a gentle and cheerful little dog who fit right in and, having since met several members of the breed, he seems spot on for the breed.

Bassets also go on our list for a "somedaywe'll have one again" dog. My late Basset, Sheba, was adopted and was my Obedience dog. She had her CD and was trained through the Open level (and some Utility exercises), but we had started training late and she had some arthritis by the time we got to that level, so I didn't want to make her jump. She was a gentle and fabulous girl. And, I do love an elderly Basset, lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

Weird. I was just thinking of starting a thread like this. I'm going to be one of the few "no I wont" s. For the longest, I always thought that pit bulls was the breed for me, but now...

Some of the breed traits I thought I love is now more of an annoyance than anything. I always thought I love the trait " I love everyone!" that is so familar of the pit bull, and while it great most of the time, it can be a real hassel. Just meet Kai a couple of times and now he is loyal to you for life. He really likes a friend of mine who I meet up with twice a week and when he around, I'm not there anymore. God forbid if my friend leaves. He also likes to show off and be lovable to other dog owners. Now I would prefer to have a dog who is indifferent to people.

Pit bulls can also be very pushy with their love. Come home tired after a long day, Kai would push himself on you. If you pay little attention to him, he going to becoming even more demanding. It doesn't matter if you don't want to kiss right now, he is going to shove his tongue in your face. I've tooken care of friend's cocker spaniel, and my family were pretty much indifferent to her. In return, she was indifferent to them, but affectionate to me. She will come up to my parents when they ask her to, but she isn't pushy. I don't mind pushy loving dogs, but Kai never takes to account whether other people want him loving them or not. I call him self-center really, because when he want love he wants it now and doesn't care if you don't want to do it right now!

Not all pit bulls are like this of course, but unless it is an adult rescue, I wont chance getting a pit bull puppy.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Let it be

Bandit will nudge my hand up to get his big ol' head under it when I am not in the mood to pet him, or slowly melt into me on the couch. He's so sly with it I never even notice.

I am on the fence about Shelties again. I LOVED my Sheltie growing up but the barking might just be enough for me to say no thanks. It's not even the fact they bark a lot. I just HATE Sheltie barks.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Top Dog

Mystery mutt? Absolutely. It's the only type of dog I ever plan on having. I can't see myself ever getting a dog from anywhere but a shelter/rescue.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Jelly baby?

Yes, both collie and boxer, though I would have to find a really good breeder for a boxer. I was hoping to get another boxer when I was looking for an SD candidate, but I couldn't find a breeder I was happy with.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

Yes and no
I will always have Ibizan's and Aussies!
We will possibly have another boston eventually.
I don't think i will ever get another pyr, collie or rat terrier..I love all mine dearly, but Pyr's and Collie's shed heavy and even though I don't mind grooming it does take up alot of time and Collie's are very vocal dogs lol! And ratties are just a bit too small for us I think and have such a big dog attitude lol!
Old 04-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Are you dead yet?

I'll definitely have another border collie.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Wild At Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
Absolutely. Labs are so underrated (in the dog world). I love this breed.
Totally this!

Harleigh <3
Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

I will definitely own more Malinois. I would even take on more with crazy, tweaky, less-than desirable temperaments, but would like at least one with a solid, confident temperament for ring sport some day.

My next dog may very well be a BC though (Solo is a mix of possibly Lab/GSD/BC). If circumstances allow in the near future (either Solo dies or I get a house) I will try out a good friend's BC that is too much for her (long record of biting people) to train for agility.

(Why do I like jerk dogs so much?!) Lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Only if Ryan gets his way

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.