Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

I was just thinking about this the other day. Usually I wouldn't want the same breed I've already had, because I think trying out new breeds is interesting. Plus I'd do too much comparing the new dog to the old dog, and that's probably not overly healthy. So, likely no more labs or chihuahuas for me.

But collies? I was looking at Keegan the other day and realized I can't imagine not having a collie.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Yes, yes and YES.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 AM
Blackout

Shibas - NEVER again.

Eskie - Possibly; a really even tempered one though.

Kuvaszok - Abso-f*ckinglutely.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM
love herds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAshley View Post
Westie- For sure, at least another terrier maybe a cairn or border instead just for a change but I could definitely go for another westie <3

Aussie- Maybe, it would have to be one from outstanding lines. Dealing with another one with DA issues is not something I want but I ADORE everything else about my boy. The looks, the brains, the drive are all perfect for me. I could see myself with a little female red tri or a self merle in the future.

Hound- Living with Duke has taught me I am not a hound person.

As for the other breeds I have owned: Collie's for sure, without a doubt. They are MY breed. I can not wait until I can add another one. GSD, maybe. I love a good gsd more than any other breed but its rare I come across one I would want to own anymore. BC, again maybe. I like them enough that if the right one came along I would not turn it down, but they are not on my want list.
I feel the same but an even more emphatic YES! to the westie and I can certainly see an aussie in the future.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 04-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Professional Nerd

Yup, still a Malinois girl. I live my APBT/AmStafs, but the breed community and the things you have to deal with when you own one will likely keep me away from them in the future.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

APBT - Definitely! I acquired my second last Aug and am just now breaking into showing and other stuff but they are my heart breed and I'll always have at least one in my life.

Yorkshire Terrier - Even though mine is a mix, yes. I find myself looking at rescue and shelter pages quite often even if I can't get another dog for quite some time.

Great Dane - Oh heck yes! I'm waiting to adopt another senior someday. Such an amazing breed!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Show Dog

Well, I don't have a dog at the moment. A long time ago, I did have a dog. She was a Cocker Spaniel. If I could do all the right things now, like go to a breeder who health tested, and took my time, I would say yes. I would definitely own another cocker. Wasn't always that way, though. I was very anti Cocker for a while.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 05-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Miniature Schnauzers, Miniature Poodle, Charliedog... yes.
Toy Poodles are really too small for my liking and I don't see myself owning anything smaller than 12ish pounds in the foreseeable future.

I will also not own two terriers at the same time. Though by the time I'm due for another dog I'll most likely be entirely deaf .
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Active Pup

The dane, of course I will likely always have a dane. The boxer however, NEVER ever will I own another one of them. They are just well not for me. I've had border collies in the past and would LOVE to own another one, husband's allergies prevents me from doing this though as he has a hard enough time with the short hair ones in the house.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Pembroke Welsh Corgi: Absolutely. I adore Muffin. I'd be very picky about who I bought from though, of course I will be with all my dogs from now on.

Jack Russell Terrier: Although I adored Walsh and I developed a love of the breed, the likely answer is no. I will always be a multi-dog household and with the tendency for DA and even just re-direction spats I don't see it being a good idea.

Collie: Absolutely! I miss Bailey so much! With them it's mainly a size issue, I likely won't consider one until I own my own home.

Keeda was a mix and I can only guess at what she was, so I don't have a breed to say one way or another. What I can say is that I think I am a herding dog girl, and will likely stick to herding breeds in the future.