Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Default BC People...

This woman is one of our best customers, just put two and two together when I saw her card. Anyone know anything about them? Good? Bad?

Art reminds me of Finn <3

And I love Rain too.

ETA: Link might help huh?

http://silverwindfarm.net/index.html

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 PM
orange iguanas.

I emailed her a couple years ago when I was first looking for BC breeders and she was the one that wouldn't sell a puppy to me because I didn't have BC experience Had me pretty upset for a while because she looks promising, and of course I like how local she is... so yeah no personal experience really lol but I see no red flags.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I emailed her a couple years ago when I was first looking for BC breeders and she was the one that wouldn't sell a puppy to me because I didn't have BC experience Had me pretty upset for a while because she looks promising, and of course I like how local she is... so yeah no personal experience really lol but I see no red flags.
Well that is dumb!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm swooning over Rain.

Don't know too much about them but I know I've heard of this breeder before. The Silverwind name rings a bell with me but I'm trying to remember where I heard about them.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I know that she is on the road A LOT, I'm guessing to trial? Her mom comes in to get her stuff all the time and she is SOOOO nice

Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
and Fozzie B!

I'm pretty sure she is/was on the BC forums... her dogs look stunning!!! Now you know where to get your BC puppy from. Come on, BCs and Corgis look so cute together.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Well that is dumb!
Yeah that was my initial thought too lol.
Quoted from the email:
"I occasionally will have a rehome available for a pet home, but don't like to sell to people who have never owned BC's before as they are not an easy breed to live with if you don't know how their minds work."

Unfortunately I am an honest person and told her that no, I hadn't owned one before, and then she told me that an adult breeder rehome or a rescue would be my best bet for a first time BC. But otherwise I guess how would anyone know what breeds of dogs I've owned? Meh!

Or hey I guess I should just hang out at your store and show her that I'm awesome enough for one of her puppies

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

We special order a LOT of food for her, I will just let you know when she is going to be in to get it lmao

Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Unfortunately I am an honest person and told her that no, I hadn't owned one before, and then she told me that an adult breeder rehome or a rescue would be my best bet for a first time BC. But otherwise I guess how would anyone know what breeds of dogs I've owned? Meh!
Honestly, I would probably tell some one the same thing, if I were a BC breeder. Border Collies are like a different animal for most first-time owners! These dogs just FLOOD shelters & rescues, especially considering that they aren't that popular. On top of that, you are a young person, and Lucy isn't exactly an active working dog.

I'm just trying to say... don't feel offended. I bet if you would've kept at it, proved to her that you are an avid dog lover & have the time/passion to own an intense working breed, asked to help her with her dogs, maybe fostered a BC to get your feet wet, she probably would've sold you a puppy. It's just that the "average person" should not own a Border Collie, you have to prove you're above average!

I wish more working BC breeders were like this. Most are old-fashioned and say "well, here's your pup! enjoy." and that is the end of it.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Honestly, I would probably tell some one the same thing, if I were a BC breeder. Border Collies are like a different animal for most first-time owners! These dogs just FLOOD shelters & rescues, especially considering that they aren't that popular. On top of that, you are a young person, and Lucy isn't exactly an active working dog.

I'm just trying to say... don't feel offended. I bet if you would've kept at it, proved to her that you are an avid dog lover & have the time/passion to own an intense working breed, asked to help her with her dogs, maybe fostered a BC to get your feet wet, she probably would've sold you a puppy. It's just that the "average person" should not own a Border Collie, you have to prove you're above average!

I wish more working BC breeders were like this. Most are old-fashioned and say "well, here's your pup! enjoy." and that is the end of it.
I agree whole-heartedly! It would be different if it wasn't a working bred border collie as those are a whole other level of dog ownership. Before anyone jumps in to say "well how can you get experience when no one is willing to sell you a puppy?". There are a ton of ways! Volunteering for a breed specific rescue even if you can't foster shows that you do know the breed. Getting involved in some sport or activity with current dogs is another great way to show your commitment.