Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Seriously?!

Of all the times I've gone running outside... in snow... in rain... on gravel, on sand... TODAY... one week before my race... today is the day I fall.

I biffed it. Hard. At about mile five of my ten miler. And my first thought was "oh, not the hands, don't break your wrists." My second thought, when it was too late, was "oh (#%&! Not the FACE!"
I clonked the ground with my head a bit too. Got right up, sat down in the grass to make sure I wasn't going to pass out. There was a guy walking across the street from me, he came over to make sure I was okay and a lady from the pizza place (I dunno how she saw me fall) came running out. I was really grateful that they stopped to make sure I was okay. My face wasn't bleeding but I felt like my lip was already fat. My knee was skinned up bad and my shoulder got skinned up.

I'm not really sure if it's a mark of toughness or craziness that after I knew I wasn't going to pass out from hitting my head, I pretty much just kept going. The guy asked me if I needed him to call somebody to come get me... nope, I'm just gonna keep running...
I went into the McDonald's next to the pizza place, washed the dirt off my face, made sure I didn't bust any teeth or anything, then went back outside and kept going. It wasn't really until I was almost done that my knee started hurting really bad. When I got home I realized my knee was not just scraped but swollen and bruised really bad too. Ow ow ow. =< So I iced it (and my shoulder) then sprayed it with some benzocaine. It still hurts really bad. Hopefully the swelling will go down quickly. I'm worried it's going to be hurt so bad I won't be able to run next week. X_X are you kidding me??

I've already decided I'm going to tell people, when they ask about my black eye, "Turns out, honey badger DOES give a (%@(."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I've already decided I'm going to tell people, when they ask about my black eye, "Turns out, honey badger DOES give a (%@(."
you made my day just now.
But ****, that sucks! Hopefully you can heal pretty quickly for your race.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:04 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

at the honey badger comment!

Sorry you fell though, YIIIKES! I would have called someone to come get me, I'm a complete baby about pain. (actually I never would've made it the 5 miles anyway....I could hardly run the required 1 mile in gym class lolololol)

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Felurian

See? Running is BAD for you . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yeah thanks for the support Renee that's totally awesome.

Quote:
Sorry you fell though, YIIIKES! I would have called someone to come get me, I'm a complete baby about pain. (actually I never would've made it the 5 miles anyway....I could hardly run the required 1 mile in gym class lolololol)
Haha I just figured, I've already messed up my face and stuff, I'm gonna make this one count. XD It really didn't hurt that bad at the time though. Series of events that made it not so bad. Like it was kind of chilly so I decided to wear sweatpants and a shirt with sleeves. Normally I run in shorts and a sleeveless top. I would have gotten REAL road rash if I wasn't wearing what I was wearing. I also just decided to wear my sunglasses anyway even though it was kinda overcast. My sunglasses are why my eye is bruised, the ground slammed my sunglasses into my face. BUT my sunglasses are done now, all scraped up, broken. So I think if I hadn't been wearing my sunglasses my FACE would be all scraped up and worse than it is. So really it wasn't bad at the time. Or at least didn't feel bad. I'm pretty sure I completely freaked out that poor lady at the pizza place though haha!

I kept trying to get my co-worker to tell people he got in a fight with a honey badger when he scraped up his nose a month ago. His story of what actually happened was so boring, I was like "OMG, no, that's not what you do. You tell people you got in a fight." "With a bear." "YES. With a bear - NO! With a HONEY BADGER!" He wouldn't do it!!
I'm totally doing it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Wookie Collie

Died laughing about honey badger.

But UGH, what timing. Go figure, huh? I hope everything heals up nice and superfast, and doesn't affect the race!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014