Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Top Dog

I usually eat a salad for dinner. Any kind as long as it doesn't have onions, sometimes without any dressing. I eat HUGE salads, like most of a 1 lb bag... for one meal...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm All Ears

I loooove salad. I could eat salad for most meals. So many options and so many flavors.

I definitely follow the no iceberg lettuce rule.

Today my salad at lunch had peppers, roasted mushrooms, carrots, peas, lentils, asparagus, green beans, salmon, and spicy thai dressing. It was awesome.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and salads with no dressing but fresh salsa and cilantro on top- YUM!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

YUM!!! I love salads. I often make my own salads with lettuce, croutons, red cabbage, snow peas and oregano. I use different dressings depending on my mood. I love raw veggies and fruits but hate them cooked. The texture of cooked fruits and veggies is gross. The one exception is corn on the cob which I like. Anyone else like pea pods fresh from the garden? They are my favorite snack.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Felurian

Love fresh raw peas but don't eat them much anymore since they're one of those high carb/sugar content veggies

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Let it be

I love salad. I will put anything and everything in one. Whatever veggies, fruit and nuts I buy at the store go in them.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Love fresh raw peas but don't eat them much anymore since they're one of those high carb/sugar content veggies
I would never be that restrictive! If I loved peas and I do like them, I would have them sometimes at least. I'm 57 years old and I'll be dammed (misspelled on purpose) if I am going to ruin the rest of my life by not eating peas evAr!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Top Dog

I like salad. I LOVE pasta, potato, and chicken salad but I also like regular lettuce salads, I like ice burg but romaine, spinach, or mixed greens are best. I only like creamy dressings or the ginger kind you get at a hibachi grill. I like lots of veggies in my salad.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
I would never be that restrictive! If I loved peas and I do like them, I would have them sometimes at least. I'm 57 years old and I'll be dammed (misspelled on purpose) if I am going to ruin the rest of my life by not eating peas evAr!
Hell, I would never totally restrict myself from ANYTHING. I certainly wouldn't limit my consumption of any vegetable except maybe white potatoes. I eat "empty-calorie" foods much MUCH less often now, but I still eat chocolate chip cookies on a fairly regular basis (less than weekly but probably monthly). lol That said, I am not interested in low carb dieting in the least.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Let it be

I always find it interesting to hear people say they don't find salad filling. I don't find it filling in the way I'd find something heavier but it certain can take away hunger. Are you guys just super hungry after you eat one or just don't have a really full feeling?