Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I freaking love salads, lol. Honey mustard dressing all the way.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post

One rule: NO ICEBERG LETTUCE.
I prefer the base of mine to be spinach, nomnomnom!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

I love salad. <3 Yesterday I had one with pepperoni, pumpkin seeds, bleu cheese, feta, mixed greens + baby spinach, baby tomatoes, and croutons.

Despite all the mix-ins, it was mostly greens. It was awesome.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Love salads. Eat them all day.

Usually I just have spinach, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, celery and sprouts. And vinaigrette dressing. And if I'm feeling especially hungry I add some grilled chicken in. That's actually what I'm having for dinner tonight!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Yes, for a time I was only using spinach instead of lettuce, but I've broken down and started adding some of the other tender lettuces, even sometimes a small handful of iceberg if I happen to have some because it's so crispy, even though it has little in the way of nutrients. But my salads are huge when it's the whole meal, so I still get a lot of spinach and a lot of other veggies. Kale or other cabbage adds crunch and it's so good for you.

Oh Zizzy...yes! kidney beans or any kind of beans are yummy in salads too. I love chicken salad and particularly curried chicken. It adds a whole new dimension to salad. lol

Fran, that's too bad you hate veggies. They're probably the main thing that we need to run our bodies efficiently and to fight off many diseases. You should try and brain wash yourself into liking them...maybe just start with one that you can tolerate and then try another. Perhaps some of the sweeter kinds, like raw peas right out of a garden or sugar snaps? What about carrots? Really??? You don't like any of them?

My son is the world's most picky eater. He eats TERRIBLY unhealthy stuff, like McDonald's all the time. BUT...he will eat salad with no added veggies, as long as it has blue cheese dressing and he likes broccoli if it is dipped in mayo. That's about it though. My daughter, on the other hand has always been willing to try things, even really obscure, weird things. She loves to cook and loves most vegetables. That's now, now that she's 31. She sure didn't when she was a kid. When I was a kid, I hated almost all vegetables too. My Dad always had a garden and I did like peas right out of the pod or green beans or carrots and my parents would let me get things from the garden (just graze next to it) that were raw in lieu of eating cooked ones for dinner. But they made me eat my vegetables before I could have desert. lol.

PW...honey mustard is indeed a tasty one. It does take me a while to make my salads. I have to haul out of the refrigerator bags and bags containing all the many ingredients I put in there. I put them all on the left side of the stove, near the sink and when I'm finished chopping one, I put that bag on the right hand side of the stove until that counter is quite full. When complete, everything gets hauled back into the fridge. Then it's over across the way to the pantry for the seeds, nuts, beans, tuna, whatever else goes in. It's quite a process, nothing simple about it. lol.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I am also one that doesn't really like salads. I love ceasar salad but that's it pretty much LOL

I don't like most dressings either. I like ranch but not on salad, I like it for nuggets and stuff lol.

I don't hate salads and I will eat one if offered but I really don't ENJOY eating a salad other than ceasar. I dont' know... they just aren't satisfying for me.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Love salads! ^_^ yummm

I recently decided to add mango to my salads and it was the BEST thing ever!!!

Other things are lettuce (I like the crunch) with lemon on it to give it some more flavor, spinach, cucumbers, avacado slices, nuts (depending on my mood), onions, carrots, and usually ranch for the dressing. I usually add some chicken cooked in red wine a lot as well, it tastes super yummy!!

My favorite part is definitely the mango though!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I despise veggies with a passion, so if you can find a meat salad you rock... lol
Old 04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I have salad on the side every night for dinner, but other than that... Salads don't fill me up AT ALL...

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

I love my salads with mixed baby greens. I made a wonderful one last night. Mixed greens, feta cut up grapes and home made honey and mustard dressing.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/