Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

Cool Who doesn't like salad?

Okay, I'm always thinking about food. It's a sickness! but here's another thing. It's interesting to see what kinds of nutrients are in various things. So, I'm constantly checking things out. I love salads of many types and they're a great way to make a whole meal in one dish. You can add fish, chicken, eggs, all kinds of protein sources. You can put in healthy, tasty seeds and nuts. The options with salads are endless. And depending on how you make a salad, they're a very healthy, tasty way to help lose weight, as long as a lot of fattening stuff doesn't go in there.

Here are some nutrition facts about various lettuces: http://mailxpress.hubpages.com/hub/D...afs-For-Salads

I posted a jicima and carrot salad a while back that my daughter made. It was soooooooooooooooooooooo delicious and refreshing. It had a lot of other ingredients in it too, but not lettuce.

I eat a salad almost every day and it usually has an abundance of veggies, along with a variety of lettuces and/or spinach and/or kale added. I'm always trying to think up how I might do it differently to make life more interesting.

What are some of the things you like to do to salads? What are your favorite types? What goes well with what? Summer, winter, warm salads, bbq's? What are some favorites when you have guests?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Me! I hate salad.
Oh that's not actually what you were asking.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Do you hate EVERY kind of salad? Betcha don't! lol. I bet we can find ONE that will rock!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Wild At Heart

My salads are usually the same and nothing "exciting", lol.

Usually fresh green leaf lettuce, cherry/grape tomatoes and cheese (sometimes). lol My favorite dressing is yogurt dressing - yummmm! If I have Ranch yogurt dressing, I usually mix it with Buffalo Wing sauce. Honey Mustard is another favorite one

Harleigh <3
Old 04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

I hate all salad. lol I hate ALL vegetables.. which would explain the whole hatred of salad thing..

but regardless, I think they are healthy and awesome and they SOUND nice.. but for some reason they always taste gross to me

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Show Dog

I like chickpeas and or red kidney beans added on a salad. I also like raw cauliflower, broccoli.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Do you hate EVERY kind of salad? Betcha don't! lol. I bet we can find ONE that will rock!
If it has lettuce in it, yes.
I also don't like "pasta salad" or "chicken salad" or even "potato salad" because I generally don't enjoy cold foods, and there's also a texture issue involved with a lot of 'em. My mom makes chicken salad and just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

So... yup... I do believe I hate every kind of salad!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

our salads are simple, no lettuce, only baby spinach then add some chicken, sliced peppers of all sorts, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and if we have other fresh veggies some of those go in there too. Top with cheese of course and some good olive oil based vinagrette and chow down
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I'm with Beanie. I hate salad.
If I do have one, it's lettuce and carrots only. Sometimes if I have the calories for it I add some chicken and real bacon bits. Oh and must have croutons. But those are few and far in between, nor do I need the extra ruffage.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Felurian

Mine are rarely the same way twice, lol.

One rule: NO ICEBERG LETTUCE.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian