Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Default spin off, condiments

what are some DIFFERENT condiments you use & what do you use them on?
chipotle cranberry sauce, chipotle raspberry sauce, homemade chipotle mayo & jalapeno jelly (must not be made w/ vinegar) all used on meats & meat sandwiches. my favorite use of the chipotle mayo is on "hotdogs", w/cheese & kraut. (for our non american friends, a chipotle is a ripe red jalapeno pepper dried & cold smoked)
i also love to mix fresh horse raddish into sour cream for potatoes (baked, roasted, boiled, smashed it doesnt matter), turnips, rutabaga & parsnips.
i love to use fish sauce to add salt & flavor to meats but the DW hates it so i rarely get to use it. (i also use it to make sum tum)

these are mine what are yours?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Felurian

Love salsas, especially mango salsa. Melinda's XXX is a favorite too. Basically I can eat just about anything if I have a bottle of habanero sauce

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

When I worked at Panera Bread I put their chipotle mayo on everything. Chips, sandwiches, baguettes, breakfast sandwiches.

That is what I miss most about working there LOL!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Taxiderpy

We had a fig tree in the yard. Fresh fig was awesome on everything. Scoop it out on meats, in a peanut butter sandwich instead of jelly, mixed into yoghurt, etc. It was awesome. I will miss that tree.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

I cant really think of any. My husband puts salsa on almost everything. I really like balsamic mayo with sweet potato fries or on some sandwiches etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
When I worked at Panera Bread I put their chipotle mayo on everything. Chips, sandwiches, baguettes, breakfast sandwiches.

That is what I miss most about working there LOL!
Totally OT but I always twitch a bit when I see it called Panera lol....It is supposed to be St. Louis Bread Co. It drove me nuts that they changes their name for out of town locations when they expanded...yeah, I pick weird things to get bothered over. (Then they went and switched from Coke to Pepsi) Still eat there all the freaking time though
Old 04-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I cant really think of any. My husband puts salsa on almost everything. I really like balsamic mayo with sweet potato fries or on some sandwiches etc.

Totally OT but I always twitch a bit when I see it called Panera lol....It is supposed to be St. Louis Bread Co. It drove me nuts that they changes their name for out of town locations when they expanded...yeah, I pick weird things to get bothered over. (Then they went and switched from Coke to Pepsi) Still eat there all the freaking time though
LOL! All the training videos and such still say St. Louis Bread Co.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Hummus...I love using it on sandwiches

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 04-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Nuoc Mam (Fish sauce). We use it on EVERYTHING. I serioulsy cannot imagine a culinary life without it

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
We had a fig tree in the yard. Fresh fig was awesome on everything. Scoop it out on meats, in a peanut butter sandwich instead of jelly, mixed into yoghurt, etc. It was awesome. I will miss that tree.
Awesome! I didn't even know you could grow them here! And I'm a gardener! LOL. You are so lucky. Figs are wonderful and sooooo good for you.

Renee...you're brave. My BIL also likes habeneros...the hotter the better. He eats them straight, just like an apple. I couldn't take it. I like a little hot, but not extremely. And they're about as hot as you can get. I do love that mango or peach salsa. That stuff is tasty!

I love sauerkraut Pops. It's very healthy too. These things that are fermented add an extra health benefit. I love that stuff on really good bratwurst. I use mustard, ketchup and salsa on some things. Pickle relish is good too. I don't know....I guess I don't eat that many things that you'd put condiments on these days, so don't use too much of that stuff. I like humus all right if it's flavored with something...like on crackers or celery sticks. But I don't go out of my way to get it....just if the spirit moves me when I'm in the store, I might grab some once in a while.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post
Awesome! I didn't even know you could grow them here! And I'm a gardener! LOL. You are so lucky. Figs are wonderful and sooooo good for you.
Oh man, I'm heading back up there and going to beg the neighbor lady for cuttings. lol. This tree is about 40 feet tall and is covered with thousands of figs every year. The summer never lasts long enough for the breba crop, but that's okay. Last spring I rooted some out but accidentally let their jar dry up before getting them in the ground. If you want one they would probably do well up at your place too.

The starlings go crazy for them and come by the thousands. It's like national geographic or something. lol. Here's a pic from my old bedroom window.