Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Default I will not join the K-Cult

My brother and a bunch of my friends all have these Keurig coffee makers. Even my parents have one. They are constantly telling me how awesome they are. Personally, I'm happy with our Cuisinart drip coffee maker and plain old Master Blend. Nothing fancy. I keep telling them that I refuse to join their cult.

Now, my place of employment has switched the older drip coffee makers out for industrial sized Keurig machines with an assortment of flavors. I just gave in and got a cup of their dark roast. I have to admit, it's darn good.

But I still refuse to join the K-cult
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

At the veterinary ophthalmologist I've been taking Toker and Chulita to, they have for their customers one of those Keurig machines. I think that's what it is. There are a bunch of little individual, plastic things with various coffees and you stick it in this place on top and it punctures the container and then the water drips through for a single cup. It's very good coffee. So, I don't know if it's the coffee or how it's brewed, but it sure is tasty.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Join the dark side Eddie! I never really was much of a coffee drinker, but ever since I discovered the Golden French Toast coffee I was hooked. The apple ciders and hot chocolates are pretty good, AND you don't have to wait for the water in the kettle to heat up.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Crazy Dog!

I won't join either.

Between my husband and I we drink about a pot a day though, not wise economically to switch. Those individual cup things are a bit pricey.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I never likes coffee. Then we got a keurig. It's way too easy to make a cup of coffee now

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
*Now with Snark*

I make drip coffee from some of the best beans available on the market and then compost it all after we're done drinking the pot. I can't see me going to K cups. The preloaded ones are way too much waste for my tastes and the load yourself ones make me just want a normal f-ing coffee pot.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Top Dog

I just use a regular coffee machine, but buy whole bean coffee that you grind yourself. I don't care for any of the flavored coffees. I want my coffee to taste strongly like coffee. lol. I can imagine those individual packets not being cost effective. Coffee is expensive enough as it is.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Felurian

I love my coffee press! And my grounds go into the garden.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Show Dog

I am surrounded my Keurigs. I love the concept, but I just can***8217;t seem to like the actual coffee it makes. We have a Bunn brewer at home, and it brews super fast. It wasn***8217;t cheap but well worth it.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

Coffee presses DO make good coffee, for sure.

Thomas Jefferson