Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

All my dogs are inside exept Chance..He has the garage..(at night the door is down) there is also a heater in there for extremly cold nights. He likes it outside. I know there is danger. But I think he is alright during the day and also in the night time he is comfortable. But anyway..Maybe you could nail them to your deck..lol..I really dont know what else you could do. If you sprayed Bitter Apple Spray on there they may not sleep on them.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:47 AM

I don't think it's so awful for a dog to sleep outside..it depends on the circumstance. Addie hates it in the house. I bring her in every day and after about 3 hours she whines and stands at the door....if I take her out just thinking it's a potty break, she won't come back in..just stands on the porch by the door. By 8 in the evening all you have to do is open the door and she runs to the pen. Sorry, but that is her comfort zone. Also, my house is an open floor plan...I have NO place to put her or the cat to be away from each other, and Addie and the cat DO NOT get along. I put Hammie out with her on most nights. He isn't always thrilled about going, but he doesn't always get his way. They have dog houses filled with straw and are in the pen. I feel that they are safe for the night. I don't let them out in the harshest winter weather...but they still sleep in the heated garage...not the house. Nights here are for the cat to relax a bit. Sorry, but our 'pack' seems to be just fine. And, you know how I adore my dogs.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:02 PM

Serena...believe me, the dogs inside the pen are safe. The minute I hear one of them bark...I am up and checking. This is the country...we have guns. IF something were trying to harm my pups, it would be the last thing they do. As far as someone trying to harm them, by poison or something...that just isn't gonna happen. Once again...we are always a heartbeat away. My dogs HAVE to be outside when we have to go out. SORRY...but they would rip my house apart if left indoors....and I can love them to the ends of the earth...but that isn't gonna happen. A person can totally adore and love their dog, as I do...but there are times the dog has to be outside. It isn't the end of the world, nor a horrible act. I HATE when I see a poor little dog tied to a doghouse..and that's it's total life. That is not the case with my dogs. You know how much I admire you.....adore your knowledge.....but this is something that DOES have variables. (sp??) You cannot not possible feel that it is a 'NEVER' situation. Is it so wrong that my hubby doesn't always want to share the bed with a 'pack'....one of which snores to the hilt???? OH PLEASE. I didn't let my children sleep with us........read up on that and you will see I was correct. Now...say it is your opinion only that a dog should sleep indoors......and that's all it is. BUT....it isn't necessarily wrong. We all have opinions on how a dog should be treated. Hopefully we all strive to give them the best care and shower them with love. While I so admire you....I sometimes wonder why you cannot possibly EVER see any opinion but your own. I, too, have strong opinions...beliefs...ideals....BUT, I try to at least try to understand the other's thinking. I know, I know....you pride yourself on being blunt.................but hon, it doesn't ALWAYS mean you are right. Now.........I am still lovin ya, so hope you aren't too annoyed.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:03 PM

Well...you have your blunt opinion, Serena...I have mine. I am not so paranoid as you seem to be. I don't have folks walking around here just waiting to poison my dogs. And...sorry, but a gun does protect all that is mine..in a heartbeat. There isn't any more risk than me being struck by lightning at this moment. My dogs are totally a part of my family. I adore them with all my being...just because I don't have them in my house at night doesn't mean they are not cared for. If you pride yourself on being blunt......then I shall, too. I haven't noticed scummy people around here. I'm sad you are so scared. Yes, I could have all the animals in here at night......total kaos.......BUT THAT'S JUST STUPID. When there is no reason at all why they can't all have their own space. AND....I have private time with my husband. You be paranoid...I'm just not. Now....we shall agree to disagree.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:27 PM

I thought we could agree to disagree? Too much to ask? The world is interesting because it is made up of all kinds of people..all kinds of opinions and thoughts. Personal....not in the least. Can't we exchange ideas...even if we don't always see things the same.......and come out of it without the 'huff'? Can't anyone have a different opinion than you.........but still be a good person?

Serena....come on....lighten up. I spar with you.....I respect you....I just don't always have to agree with you without assault do I? Seriously, don't be so darned defensive.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:06 PM

Wow...that's all I can say. Wow. You do leave me speechless with your attitude. This will end this.....just can't see why you can't listen to any opinion but your own. But..that's fine with me. Not going to continue with this discussion. But...as my Mom once said..it's not what you say..it's how you say it. So, maybe be just a bit gentler when someone new asks a question. You really don't have to sound so harsh. We know there is a kitten in that tiger...just ask anyone who has listened in while you were talking about the puppies. You're not as tough as you seem. You give excellent advise, have so much knowledge....you just come off as kind of ...well....for lack of a better word.........harsh. Have a good weekend! And, for goodness sake...smile.
Closed Thread