Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Crazy Dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
I can't decide whether it's awesome or terrifying that there are two of them lol
I never mentioned this to anyone.. hahaha kind of like a dirty secret. It finally feels like "I'm not alone!!!"
Old 04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Teagan also does not like the Vacuum, I don't think she is really scared of it, but bloody hell she sure thinks it should die.

She likes to scream and attack the crap out of the vacuum cleaner.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Bees and wasps. If there is one in the house, she won't go near where it was for 3 days after. It started last year, so I'm guessing she got stung at one point last year.

Also, she is TERRIFIED if she has an accident in the house. Not sure why, but last time, she went outside, and lay beside the house in -40C temperatures, shaking, for 4 hours before I got her home and managed to get her inside.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

Not really weird, but Lucy hates Henry Hoovers. Not Dysons, or any upright brand of hoover. Just Henry. I think its because he has eyes

(not sure if you have Henry Hoover outside of the UK, so for those who don't know what I am talking about...this is Henry Hoover - https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...H8-DhQf-gvnmCQ)

Todd's scared of normal things, like jets, helicopters, fireworks etc.

Katy is scared of mobile phones ringing. She HATES that, and tries to kill the phone.

My Photos
Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Chloe hates baby gates, but that is because as a pup she had quite a few fall on her (due to her jumping on them). Other than that, she doesn't really have any weird fears, surprisingly. Well, she hates gunshots, fireworks, and thunder...but those are normal. Oh, she doesn't like the basement stairs. They're wooden steps that aren't carpeted (unfinished) and she HATES them. Every time we walk downstairs she stands at the doorway and looks at us with this horribly worried face.

As far as I've been able to tell, Cynder fears absolutely nothing.

But Sadie, the Lab pup we raised, had some weird ones. LOL Balloons being blown up completely freaked her out, she hated the smell of gas (from the stove) and consequently, the sound of the stove being lit (or a lighter). She also didn't like noise makers being blown (not the noisy ones...but the ones that you just blow air into and they shoot out a thing). She also hated barn fans. She was a completely stable dog and could tolerate anything in public with aplomb, but we always joked that she should never be invited to a birthday party. LOL

Old 04-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I want a Henry Hoover...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Matrix is scared of feathers.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:14 PM
aka RedHotBabe

The only thing I can really think of are the metal air vents in the floor. There are two right in front of her favorite windows to look out of, so the only thing I can imagine is that she was focused on something outside, and the air turned on and spooked her. She won't avoid them and I've never seen her run away from them, she just glares at them from time to time.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Top Dog

Ivy was scared of a tomato plant in a plastic bag hanging from the mailbox We set it out for one of our neighbors to pick up and Ivy was convinced it was evil.

She boofed at it for a good 10 minutes before I went out to "help" her. I walked over to it and her eyes about popped out of her head..."MOOOOOOM, dont touch it!!!!!!"

I brought it over to the yard for her to check it out and she took off running. I had Marley come check it out and he was so confused...had no clue why I kept having him sniff the plant lol. Ivy eventually got brave and checked it out, but was still giving it the evil eye lol.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Recently you said Backup sounds like Stryder, right? Um... Backup is afraid of our baby gate. He has to RUSH through it, he hates walking through it and knocks it over all the time because he's running which I'm sure compounds the fear. (need eye roll smiley)
LOL this is such a classical "weird Belgian" behavior. They get worried about something and because they are worried about it, they behave in a way which causes exactly what they are worrying about to happen...then they're like "Ahhhhh I knew it!". And the cycle continues. Weird obsessive dogs.