Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
Also, I HATE HATE HATE flea and tick medication. Steve needs to have it because he gets a lot of ticks and we have so much Lyme around here, but it is SO GROSS. I put it on all three dogs this morning since they're going to the boarding kennel next week, and then we went out to play in the backyard, and there is dust stuck to their greasy gross patches and it's just... UGH.
This!! I only put it on when absolutely necessary, then I don't pet my dogs anywhere except their heads for like a week.

Worst thing ever, greeting a clients dog and then realizing they just applied preventative and now it's all over your hands. EW.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
This is the "What do you avoid" thread, LOL

Dog related chores and duties, which one do you hate the most?

For me it's wiping feet! I dread mud season..........in and out the back door, wiping feet every time or having to mop if you don't! BLAH!

I taught Orson to wipe his feet on the rug in the laundry room. He runs back and forth on it, and will even 'dig' his front feet on it when you tell him to wipe, but when it's very muddy out it's not enough.

I really wish there were some kind of automatic foot wiper for dogs that worked! I would totally invest in it! LOL
Spotted this at a trade show might be close to what you are looking for!
http://www.pawplunger.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I guess I'm the weird one here. I LOVE grooming.

But I hate picking up poop. And we live on base in military housing, so it just makes it that much worse.
Same here..grooming is great, I love doing nails. Poop is the worst..I don't see the point, I let it disintegrate considering we are on an acre.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

Picking up poop - I don't know anyone who actually *likes" that.

Grooming - Jack's hair grows all over the place. I hate trimming it myself (although he's so incredibly good about grooming), and it looks so awful when I do it myself. We generally go the groomer route, because at least it looks good.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:14 AM
and Fozzie B!

Idk if it counts but I HATE going to the Vet... I like my Vet and all, but it always takes hours & after going to the Vet twice in the last year for life-threatening issues with both of my dogs it puts me on edge. Luckily, my dogs are perfectly fine and behaved at the Vet. My Vet bills have also been about $5000 in the last year so that's awesome, too. -___- I just expect to be broke after going to the Vet now. And with Fozzie needing his lump removed, I'm stressed beyond belief.

I, too, hate wiping off muddy paws. My dogs get all fidgety after a while if I don't take them to the park to really run... so I still take them to the park in between rainstorms. I have to wipe off their paws 10 times getting in & out of the car and everything. I also have to wipe of Fozzie's tummy since it's so close to the ground and gets muddy/wet.

I can't believe so many people hate doing nails!!! It's one of my favorite dog chores, but I also love bathing & brushing them. Smooth, short nails and fur that smells like mangoes makes me love my dogs that much more. It's creepy, but if I forget to do their nails for a couple weeks, I find it so rewarding to take a lot off of their nails. I always call dibs on dogs with the Edward Scissorhands nails at work. bwahaha!

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Puppy Dog

Baths and nails. Hate them both. I just take her to the groomer for both and let them deal with it.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
Me too. I hardly ever walk my dogs because it's boring as hell and I am constantly stressed about loose dogs.

Hiking is good. Walking around town is not for me.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE flea and tick medication. Steve needs to have it because he gets a lot of ticks and we have so much Lyme around here, but it is SO GROSS. I put it on all three dogs this morning since they're going to the boarding kennel next week, and then we went out to play in the backyard, and there is dust stuck to their greasy gross patches and it's just... UGH.
I love walks...around town, anywhere.

But I totally feel you on the flea/tick meds. I HATE THEM. I wish there was some sort of pill form (and I think there is for fleas) because putting that gross stuff on her back always bothers me and it all gets stuck in her fur and makes it gross.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:19 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Spotted this at a trade show might be close to what you are looking for!
http://www.pawplunger.com/
That's a neat invention, especially for furry footed dogs that probably get caked with more mud!

I don't think it would help the reasons I hate mud season though, LOL, you still have to take each foot, put it in the thing, then wipe it dry when it comes out! (I watched the video)

It actually looks like MORE work than I'm currently doing. I want something the dog can walk across and it washes the mud off then wipes it dry for me! I'm lazy!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I want something the dog can walk across and it washes the mud off then wipes it dry for me! I'm lazy!
A hose hooked up to a faucet that can do warm water (instead of the usual freezing cold water?). Just hose them off!

And then they could walk into a specially set up room with foot-level blow dryers that quickly dry off their feet. Like your own little doggy foot wash.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Looking for/dealing with ticks and fleas (mostly ticks). I enjoy grooming and while I don't LIKE picking up poop I don't mind it either. But I'm stressing over flea/tick preventative and whether or not to get the Lymes vaccine and constantly checking him over for ticks. I just wish ticks would all die.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy24 View Post
Looking for/dealing with ticks and fleas (mostly ticks). I enjoy grooming and while I don't LIKE picking up poop I don't mind it either. But I'm stressing over flea/tick preventative and whether or not to get the Lymes vaccine and constantly checking him over for ticks. I just wish ticks would all die.
I'm always stressed over ticks because I cannot find them on my girl. There's just no way I'm going to find a tick on a dog covered in thick black fur. *sigh* And in fact, I didn't find one. And she got lyme disease a couple years ago.