Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

I used to hate brushing when I had a collie...

...hence I now have dogs with wash and wear coats.

Bathing is rough since both of mine are convinced water is the devil *sigh*

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 04-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Blue_Dog

Nails because it takes two people to do it and I always end up hurt somehow by my own fault. XD

And picking up poop, I'm hoping that what everyone says is true and raw poop just crumbles making that easier when we switch. lol
Old 04-12-2012, 02:22 PM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood? Shoot me now.
Me too. I hardly ever walk my dogs because it's boring as hell and I am constantly stressed about loose dogs.

Hiking is good. Walking around town is not for me.

Also, I HATE HATE HATE flea and tick medication. Steve needs to have it because he gets a lot of ticks and we have so much Lyme around here, but it is SO GROSS. I put it on all three dogs this morning since they're going to the boarding kennel next week, and then we went out to play in the backyard, and there is dust stuck to their greasy gross patches and it's just... UGH.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Um.... My situation right now is I play with Rosey and take her for hikes when I feel like it.

It's my sisters job to do all the walks, and my brothers job to feed her. It really is a perfect situation, I'm really not sure how I got out of all that seeing as she was gotten with me in mind

I guess I bathe her, but that's like, once a year in spring after shedding, and this year I just took her to the groomers cause I couldn't be bothered LOL. She is *really* good in the bath though, which is nice, she used to be horrible

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Hands down, showing Riley. She goes out of her way to humiliate me.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 04-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Brushing, cant stand it.

I'm lucky in that I really ever have to brush Teagan. Her hair is very low maintance, even though its longer if I allow it to grow out between hand strippings.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

I guess I'm the weird one here. I LOVE grooming.

But I hate picking up poop. And we live on base in military housing, so it just makes it that much worse.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Plus One

Nails. I never worked with any of them as puppies and they're all terrible and no one wants to help me. Scamp bites as well and it just makes it impossible. I've given up and just make them walk on tarmac and throw them into the pen for a while to let them wear them down themselves.

Bathings horrible as well because there's so many dogs and no one helps. I bathed 5 dogs the other day and getting them all dried to bring into the house again was a nightmare!!

I quite like letting the dogs in with mud on they're paws :P it annoys my mum but since she's not the one that has to take 7 dogs (in 2 groups) out in the rain, she can suffer!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:40 PM
orange iguanas.

Picking up poop ugggghhhh. To make it more annoying, if I'm in the backyard then in Juno's mind this equals PLAYTIME and she runs around with toys in her mouth, whining, trying to figure out why I'm not playing.

I don't like grooming Lucy or clipping her nails. Too time consuming to brush, bathe, blow dry, brush again. Good thing she usually doesn't need much in between her groomer appointments. And she's a butthead about having her nails clipped. I don't mind these things with Juno because they're much easier to do with her.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Mmm Nails, I forget all the time. Right now all of my dogs have ugly nails.

I'm obsessive about poop pick up because we have a small yard in a crowded neighborhood with Las Vegas heats. I do however loathe it.

Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood? Shoot me now. Sadly though that is about all Shamoo should be getting these days and I am slacking terribly.

That's so funny. It's really strange because for years I almost exclusively took hikes for walks, in the wilderness mountains right where I lived before moving here. I took bear pepper spray with me, the dogs ran off leash, but they had to mind me very well. I wouldn't see another soul almost always and we did this every day. Now, I've moved to western Wash in the suburbs and while there are still neat places to walk...hike etc, I do lots of short walks around the neighborhoods adjacent to mine. And when I visit my daughter in west Seattle, I love walking around her neighborhood because it's right next to the water and people have such nice places....beautiful established yards, cute white picket fences, roses like you wouldn't believe. And even in my area, I enjoy when I can stop and chat with someone (because there was NO ONE where I use to live. lol) And I can see what people are doing with their yards because I'm about to do some kind of landscaping with mine, so I get ideas.

It's certainly not the same thing at all as a mountain hike or walk on the beach. Those places are a must. But I actually don't mind walking around these neighborhoods either. Funny.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson