Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Nails. It makes me super nervous and the dogs pick up on it and won't let me do it. Chloe's better than ever about it but her nails are black so I still put it off because I'm scared of cutting the quick and Violet used to not care but now she hates it and it sucks because she has white nails and it would be so EASY to clip them if she would let me.

Also bathing. Chloe is SO EASY to bathe, but Violet.... It's like a halfday event! She has to be wetted, shampooed, rinsed, re-rinsed, blow dried (which takes forever) and brushed out. All the while she's crying and hurting herself (like getting her leg tangled in the little leash thingy attached to the wall not once but twice) and squealing so loud that everyone in the groomers is staring at you like you're a murderer.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Mmm Nails, I forget all the time. Right now all of my dogs have ugly nails.

I'm obsessive about poop pick up because we have a small yard in a crowded neighborhood with Las Vegas heats. I do however loathe it.

Walks. Isn't that horrible? I just hate taking walks. I don't mind going to the park, hiking, or anything that can involve ball throwing or exploring but a mindless walk around a neighborhood? Shoot me now. Sadly though that is about all Shamoo should be getting these days and I am slacking terribly.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Brushing. Thus why Chloe gets clipped down, now.

I actually enjoy giving her a bath, trimming her nails, and grooming her...same goes with Cynder. I find it so rewarding when I take the dog in and they are scraggly and hairy and have long nails and are greasy, and then when I'm done with them they are shiney and soft and trimmed and beautiful. But, I also am able to use the facilities in at work to do so - if I had to do it at the house I may be singing a different tune simply due to having to clean up all of the hair afterward. O.o

And I have a feeling when I move into my apartment I am going to dread picking up poop. I have never picked up poop, because the dogs go in the field. And Chloe poops multiple times a day sometimes - I am going to go crazy. Or go broke buying poop bags.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
This is the "What do you avoid" thread, LOL

Dog related chores and duties, which one do you hate the most?

For me it's wiping feet! I dread mud season..........in and out the back door, wiping feet every time or having to mop if you don't! BLAH!

I taught Orson to wipe his feet on the rug in the laundry room. He runs back and forth on it, and will even 'dig' his front feet on it when you tell him to wipe, but when it's very muddy out it's not enough.

I really wish there were some kind of automatic foot wiper for dogs that worked! I would totally invest in it! LOL
I have always wanted a mud porch entrance. I would have something like a shower stall with a sprayer and a thick rug to step out on. THen they could shake off and come in. IT seems like such an easy thing, why did people ever stop having a little entrance like that, the old farm houses out here had them. WIth a hoe set in the concrete for scrapping off mud from your boots, and a place to leave muddy tack, or whatever. All they needed was a shallow stall to spray it off with and they would have been perfect. Hates mud season right there with ya.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM
<--------Orson

Oh smkie, I dream of a mud room! With a concrete or tile floor and a drain hole right in the middle? And a hose? *feels all giddy inside* I even dream of how lovely it could be decorated!

That is one thing I am definitely envious of! And one thing I would put on the list if we ever buy another house!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

I hate dog washing. Panzer hasn't had a bath since I've owned her and Solo has had very few in his 11 years, only when he got skunked or rolled in something nasty. They never get "dirty" though. Sure, they get muddy when they run in the bush or swim, but that just seems to roll right off their coats once they're dry.

I also have a thing for (good) dog-smell, I love it and am always smelling my dogs, lol.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Top Dog

Nails. I hate doing them and just dread it. I don't avoid doing it, because at the same time I want short nails and can't stand clicking, but I don't like doing it. The Dobermans are pretty good, but they both do kick and Ripley likes to yank his paws away from me, which is annoying and hurts my hand muscles. Plus, I don't want to get hurt by the dremel either as a result of them kicking it into me or something (it happened once and it hurts). And Dance is just awful. She screams and wiggles and is just not fun. Sometimes she's good, but most of the time she's a total brat for it. My next dog I am determined to make into a good dog for nails.

And I hate feeding Ripley. As odd as that sounds, haha. He won't shut up. Between the lip smacking and slopping and the whining and carrying on, I get really irritated. Keira used to be the same but now she understands that quiet = meal time. Ripley doesn't get it. Obviously I do it anyway, but he's so annoying.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Not a Border Collie

Trimming feet. Hate it! Would help if I had good scissors or clippers I'm sure but it takes so long and looks so bad with the shitty little ones I use. And then it all grows back in a week.

And LLW, LOL.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgilityPup View Post
Clipping nails. God, I hate it. So much.
This. I avoid it like the plague.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

I need to train the stand for exam with Elsie and I just. don't. want. to.

I also need to work on her sit/down stays, but it's boring, so every time I plan to do it, I end up teaching her another stupid trick, lol.