Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
<--------Orson

Default The 'what's your thing' thread's evil twin.......

This is the "What do you avoid" thread, LOL

Dog related chores and duties, which one do you hate the most?

For me it's wiping feet! I dread mud season..........in and out the back door, wiping feet every time or having to mop if you don't! BLAH!

I taught Orson to wipe his feet on the rug in the laundry room. He runs back and forth on it, and will even 'dig' his front feet on it when you tell him to wipe, but when it's very muddy out it's not enough.

I really wish there were some kind of automatic foot wiper for dogs that worked! I would totally invest in it! LOL
Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Agility freak!

Clipping nails. God, I hate it. So much.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Nails. OMG do I hate doing nails. Even though I really only have to do Tipper's because Murphy and Mu wear theirs down beautifully.

I also hate food time. It doesn't take that long and it's not like it's incredibly difficult but I will put it off for as long as I possibly can (which is usually until Murphy realizes what time it is and comes over to sit on me).

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 04-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Top Dog

I find I procrastinate Dremeling the nails. It's not that it's so hard, but it takes time and it's just sort of a pita. I aim for once a week, but sometimes it drags out to another 4 days or a whole nuther week. I won't let them get too long, but I'd rather stick with a strict, once a week or even twice to keep them nice.

That's one thing. I'm sure I can think of others....like bathing. Even though they're Chihuahuas and relatively easy to bathe....they don't mind it at all and Chuli actually likes it. I don't know...I just put that off too. They don't get very dirty and that's a good thing.

Brushing teeth is another one I should do every day, but there again....they hate it and I hate it so I procrastinate on that too.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Picking up poop... hence switching to raw. Thought it was for the dog's benefit?? Nah, I just wanted the poop to dissolve so fast that I didn't have to pick it up ever.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Felurian

Nails. Frankly, they're all but impossible. If I'm lucky I can get one or two of Tallulah's done at a time, usually her dewclaws since they never come into contact with the ground

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-12-2012, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah...picking up poop. That's not favorite thing to do either, but I have to a couple times a day or Jose` will eat it! At least it's just little Chi-poos...not much work except sometimes it hides in the grass and it's hard to spot.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Nails - Only 2/5 dogs have nails I am comfortable doing myself.
Feeding tme - I've now trained them to leave the kitchen until I call them, but then it's still a mad dash to get to their spot so I can put their food down
Food - Choosing dog food. I hate this with a passion! *mcstabby*
Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Felurian

EVO poop crumbles and disappears -- and there's not much of it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
Nails - Only 2/5 dogs have nails I am comfortable doing myself.
Feeding tme - I've now trained them to leave the kitchen until I call them, but then it's still a mad dash to get to their spot so I can put their food down
Food - Choosing dog food. I hate this with a passion! *mcstabby*
I used to hate feeding time, too. At my place, with all the dogs, it's hectic and everyone mad dashes into their crate and Psyche barks at me, and just... yeah. But lately it hasn't been too bad... hmm. Strange.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog