Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Top Dog

Training is probably my favourite 'thing', it is certainly what I enjoy doing most. Tricks, agility, rally-o, obedience - just bits and pieces really. I don't compete with my current dogs, but I have a lot of fun with them.

I enjoy learning about dog behaviour, especially aggression issues.

Abby's feet hair is atrocious! I did one foot the other day, decided I'd had enough and haven't returned to them.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
My other thing is dogs being in shape, nothing makes me cringe faster than a really out of shape dog.
Oh... yes, this too. Sliiiiightly weird about that. Just slightly. LOL.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
My other thing is dogs being in shape, nothing makes me cringe faster than a really out of shape dog.
Oh this too! I am very conscious of Quinn's weight and fitness, thus her food intake and supplements. Weight is one of the first things I notice with other dogs now, too.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 PM
woop

Fat dogs. I can't stand the thought of having a fat dog and it pains me daily to see the amount of overweight pets that come through where I work and not being able to say anything to the owners for fear of offending them. I'll admit Pit got large for his frame some months ago, but in all fairness, it was my boss slipping him treats throughout the day that put him up there - all the while I thought he had hypothyroidism or something I promptly had him back to a good weight once I figured that out.

Dogs must be CLEAN! Despite my deep affection for canines, if a dog leaves a filmy residue on my hands when I touch it, I will avoid it like the plague. Even worse is the sour golden retriever stink I encounter so much at work. Honestly, I have to wonder if people actually touch their dogs if they aren't bothered by that stink and filth.

Shedding. Kind of goes hand in hand with clean dogs? I love plucking the tufty undercoat from shedding dogs. If I can't brush your dog, it will be plucked if it gets in my vicinity I need a wire haired breed for my next dog just so I can strip its coat.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Glutton for Crazy

My thing is communication with people. It's my biggest pet peeve, angst, whatever. I find myself frustrated by people who think they can help dogs by belittling or being cruel in any manner to the dogs owners.

Only dog wise, mmmmm.... POOP. I clean up way too much of it, I am super picky about foods because of this. I hate gross poop, and yes there is poop and then there is gross poop.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:10 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Yea I'm pretty anal about that, too, come to think about it.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Top Dog

Jack of all trades, master of none . I enjoy training, I love dog sports, I just don't have time to do classes right now. I keep imagining the day I will go from herding class to obedience to agility..yeeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Dog nails. I'm anal about keeping my dogs' nails as short as possible. When Keegan was a puppy I was dremmeling his nails at least twice a week, when I realized that maybe they were getting TOO short. So I had to let them grow out just a little bit.
Oooh nails, I do them all the time. I'll just get a wild hair and trim up everyone...once a week or every other week. Skye probably gets a little bit cut all the time because hers are white and she is extremely easy to do. I always have nail clippers sitting out. It love to go from hearing "click click click" of dogs walking around to near silence.

I'll tell you though...I have never, ever touched a nail clipper to Romeo's feet and they are just naturally short. They don't click at all.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Let it be

Ugh I wish Bandit wasn't so chubby. My boyfriend is the worst for feeding him. It makes me rage.

You'd all die at the sight of his feet too .They are so hairy.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Ugh, I'm with you on fat dogs! Millie is not in the best shape right now and it bothers me every day. I'm getting really into helping her get back into shape and I swear I can see it every time she loses an ounce.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm super anal about how people interact with my dogs. And hell, dogs in general around me if I can tell they're uncomfortable. I don't like people sticking their faces in their faces, bee lining to pet without asking, etc.