Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
vanillasugar's Avatar
vanillasugar vanillasugar is offline
just call me Nilly
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 6,829
Default Apparently I got first page news today

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/A...aspx?e=3528656

It's about an event being held for me. I bawled just reading it! I don't often think of my situation in this context, to see it all at once like this. A bit overwhelming! But I also can't help but again feel so blessed and am so blown away at how much is being done to help.

(Yes, you guys will now know who/where I am officially for those who don't have me on FB... oh well!)
__________________




Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,134
Default

Yah, totally cried like halfway through.

I was seriously hoping to get out there for this, but I have my exam that day
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 PM
LauraLeigh's Avatar
LauraLeigh LauraLeigh is offline
Irritate with Caution!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton Ontario
Posts: 3,659
Default

It's amazing how much support people can provide!! You are an inspiration and deserve all the extra hands you can get, for you and your family...

This is soooo close to me, I did not check the start time, and do work that day but I sure hope I can attend!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16 PM
HayleyMarie's Avatar
HayleyMarie HayleyMarie is offline
Like a bat outa' hell
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beautiful British Columbia!!
Posts: 6,857
Default

Julia, that is just amazing. Your friends and family sure do love you.
__________________


Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,404
Default

So awesome! I wonder if I can plan my daytrip for that day? We'll see!
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Paige's Avatar
Paige Paige is offline
Let it be
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,359
Default

You are amazing and are inspiring. I wish I was closer so i could attend too.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM
vanillasugar's Avatar
vanillasugar vanillasugar is offline
just call me Nilly
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 6,829
Default

I've decided that I'm going to come to the event in style My parents got me this shirt for my birthday that I was already going to wear:
http://www.zazzle.ca/fug_ruby_slippe...72091443269451
(FU Glioblastoma)

and I'm going to wear my wedding shoes (I had my own interpretation of Ruby Slippers) and I'm tempted to not wear my wig, but pick up one of those cheap Dorothy halloween wigs! It's such a big event, I want to be in spirit!

Oh, and my parents bought this shirt for Matt, and he'll be wearing it too:
http://www.zazzle.ca/fug_emerald_fin...17738273406543

I don't know where these t-shirts came from, but it's pretty awesome that I'm not the only Oz fan who has had this. I hope they are doing well!
__________________




Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 PM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
I've decided that I'm going to come to the event in style My parents got me this shirt for my birthday that I was already going to wear:
http://www.zazzle.ca/fug_ruby_slippe...72091443269451
(FU Glioblastoma)

and I'm going to wear my wedding shoes (I had my own interpretation of Ruby Slippers) and I'm tempted to not wear my wig, but pick up one of those cheap Dorothy halloween wigs! It's such a big event, I want to be in spirit!

Oh, and my parents bought this shirt for Matt, and he'll be wearing it too:
http://www.zazzle.ca/fug_emerald_fin...17738273406543

I don't know where these t-shirts came from, but it's pretty awesome that I'm not the only Oz fan who has had this. I hope they are doing well!
SO. COOL.

As a design nerd I especially like the one Matt's getting. Love the dual context! Haha!
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
vanillasugar's Avatar
vanillasugar vanillasugar is offline
just call me Nilly
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posts: 6,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post
SO. COOL.

As a design nerd I especially like the one Matt's getting. Love the dual context! Haha!
I really like that one best too, the dual context is amazing! I figured the Ruby Slippers are more appropriate for this event for me though and let Matt wear that one. (My parents got me both, so I can wear them anytime).
__________________




Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar View Post
I really like that one best too, the dual context is amazing! I figured the Ruby Slippers are more appropriate for this event for me though and let Matt wear that one. (My parents got me both, so I can wear them anytime).
Excellent!
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site