Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Kat09Tails's Avatar
Kat09Tails Kat09Tails is offline
*Now with Snark*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upper Left hand corner, USA
Posts: 3,336
Default

As a groomer I like Groomer's Edge and Tropiclean Spa line. The actual shampoo type depends on the dog's coat type. I have several shampoos for all the dogs here depending on their coat types and needs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Whisper's Avatar
Whisper Whisper is offline
Kaleidoscopic Eye
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,746
Default

I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
AllieMackie's Avatar
AllieMackie AllieMackie is offline
Wookie Collie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour.
^ Yup, same here! So much love for Earthbath Mango Tango. But it's definitely on the simpler side, so it may not be ideal for shows.
__________________


Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Michiyo-Fir Michiyo-Fir is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,347
Default

Vellus show shampoo and conditioner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,861
Default

I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Sit Stay's Avatar
Sit Stay Sit Stay is offline
Not a Border Collie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,798
Default

For the horses' white markings, we use original liquid Tide. Heard the trick from a lady who breeds and shows poodles. It's cheap, works really well, and is mild too!
__________________

Quinn - English Shepherd

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
SizzleDog SizzleDog is offline
Lord Cynical
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 9,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.

Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble.
__________________



Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble.
I use a mink oil spray conditioner usually, but for that very reason I don't use it for shows. It smells VERY strong.

I just looked, before shows I use Tropiclean Kava Color Enhance Shampoo and Weaver Leather whitening shampoo.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
SaraB SaraB is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 5,660
Default

I love Chris Christensen's Day to Day shampoo, it was the only shampoo that doesn't make Classic flakey as all can be the day after a bath. Seeing as though I always bathed him before a show, he would wind up flakey when I desperately needed him to be shiny.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
JustaLilBitaLuck's Avatar
JustaLilBitaLuck JustaLilBitaLuck is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,920
Default

I love Cloudstar's Buddy Wash - the purple one is my favorite!
__________________
Megan
| Jack - Lhasa Apso | Missy - Rottweiler | Heidi - Cocker Spaniel | Sassy - Siamese | Emmy & Oscar - Parakeets |
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
conditioner, grooming, shampoo, show

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site