Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 04-10-2012, 10:54 PM
*Now with Snark*

As a groomer I like Groomer's Edge and Tropiclean Spa line. The actual shampoo type depends on the dog's coat type. I have several shampoos for all the dogs here depending on their coat types and needs.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
I'm a huge fan of Earthbath. Mango Tango- it smells wonderful and makes Millie's coat soo shiny and soft. For her the baths are worth it because I snuggle and smell her for about an hour.
^ Yup, same here! So much love for Earthbath Mango Tango. But it's definitely on the simpler side, so it may not be ideal for shows.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 AM
Top Dog

Vellus show shampoo and conditioner.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Top Dog

I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.

Brit & Jackson

Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Not a Border Collie

For the horses' white markings, we use original liquid Tide. Heard the trick from a lady who breeds and shows poodles. It's cheap, works really well, and is mild too!

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I like Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

I don't care much for Tropiclean, and a few others I've tried from Petsmart/Petco - I like for him to smell really good for days after his bath, and the ONLY shampoo/conditioner I've found does that is Minksheen and Chris Christensen.

But not everyone loves the smell of Minksheen - it's kind of a cologne-y type smell, but it's shampoo/conditioner in one. It does have some insect repellent apparently in it too. I LOVE the conditioner from CC.

I find with Jackson that the shampoo doesn't so much matter, but the conditioner definitely does. Conditioner determines how shiny he's going to be and how good he'll smell.

Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
Cologney anything is a big no-no for UKC. I don't even use finishing spray on my dogs when I show UKC, because it has a slight odor to it. If the judge can smell product on your dog, you're in trouble.
I use a mink oil spray conditioner usually, but for that very reason I don't use it for shows. It smells VERY strong.

I just looked, before shows I use Tropiclean Kava Color Enhance Shampoo and Weaver Leather whitening shampoo.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Top Dog

I love Chris Christensen's Day to Day shampoo, it was the only shampoo that doesn't make Classic flakey as all can be the day after a bath. Seeing as though I always bathed him before a show, he would wind up flakey when I desperately needed him to be shiny.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Top Dog

I love Cloudstar's Buddy Wash - the purple one is my favorite!