Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Default I am going to get Fired

When I smash this very expensive computer and throw it out the window!!!

I am a government worker and our landfill/transfer stations are open today....

But we are the only ones working! No bosses, no IT!!!

And the computer here has had a failure of some kind, it's still working and I need it to weigh and process my customers (the few we have as everyone thinks we are closed!) but it's sounding a very loud warning alarm, with no break in between!!! It's so annoying and so loud, i am building one hell of a headache and getting almost anxiety type (among with cranky type!) symptoms because it's driving me INSANE!!!

That's All.... LOL
Old 04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Felurian

Well, you're close to where you can dump it at least

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Felurian

Can you kill the audio at the control panel?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 04-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

I tried, it seems to be some kind of built in alarm independent of the main system... Sigh

And your right! I can see the electronics bin from here!!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
And your right! I can see the electronics bin from here!!!!!

Isn't there someone you can call? That is terrible!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv View Post

Isn't there someone you can call? That is terrible!
All I get is answering machines... It's a holiday from everyone in my department it seems but us minions
Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 PM
not so newby

Do you have an emergency backup power strip that the computer is connected to? I would get that warning at work when we had a power outtage, power surge or even a flicker of an outtage. There was a button you could press to reset the power strip.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 PM
<--------Orson

Or REBOOT/RESTART........that can fix a whole plethora of issues, it's the first thing I try no matter what the issue!

I can't handle non stop alarming.........I have smashed a smoke detector down from the ceiling over that garbage! LOL I even threatened to throw my son in the river for crying all night as a baby! ROFL, I didn't, but it was looking real good at the time!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazbot View Post
Do you have an emergency backup power strip that the computer is connected to? I would get that warning at work when we had a power outtage, power surge or even a flicker of an outtage. There was a button you could press to reset the power strip.
Tried that, no luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Or REBOOT/RESTART........that can fix a whole plethora of issues, it's the first thing I try no matter what the issue!

I don't think I could handle non stop alarming.........I have smashed a smoke detector down from the ceiling over that garbage! LOL
Tried that too..... Earned about two minutes of blessed silence then it started blaring again!! Thank god it's quiet I am hiding in my car and watching for customers! I thought about only booting it when a customer showed but unlike a typical home computer this puppy runs through about ten minutes of checks and balances before it boots, then you still have to log in etc.. Would take too long as many customers would be back out before I had it running!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Felurian

My next suggestion would be to dial one of the numbers that goes to an answering system and let it record the noise, with a quick message of "ALL. DAY. LONG."

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian