Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Obey the Toad.

Maybe he has some depression going on....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Yeah I don't think he even knows he is doing it. He just does it

Now tonight has been pretty good. Got a couple dinks in him and while he is still being a bit critical of me ... He has been tolerable and not as annoying. We have all enjoyed watching transformers

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 10:30 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Maybe he has some depression going on....
I was really concerned about this the last time he was here and it still concerns me now. This was really my first thought. He was here last July and I was really concerned. He hardly slept and just did not seem well.

He has since starting exercising and eating better and losing weight but he won't address the possibility of depression. I can tell he is really starting to struggle with his mortality.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 04-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yeah I don't think he even knows he is doing it. He just does it
I don't know if it's worth the possible fallout, but heck, I think I'd record him being 'difficult' with you and Hannah, then play it back for him. He might not realize what he's doing is no joke until he actually sees himself...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Top Dog

My Dad got weird too when he got much older. He got quite snappy and picked on me a lot about very insignificant things. It was strange. He didn't do that to my sister. And he always was loving before. He was depressed, I'm sure and kind of withdrew. He didn't have any kind of meaningful conversation with me...very little conversation at all during about the last 10 years he was around. My Mom is turning 90 in about two weeks and she isn't grumpy at all. So, maybe old age combined with something in someone's personality just produces this atypical behavior from them. It's sad really. But at the same time, very difficult for those around them.

It is good that Hannah doesn't have to put up with that too often at least.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Blonde Raccoon

That sounds so frustrating. At least it's only for a couple days now and not a couple weeks! Poor Hannah, but at least you can take her out for an ice cream cone or something when he leaves and reward her for being such a good sport. She sounds like a really sweet kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
First he starts in with all his "stupid americans" B.S. and how this is superior in canada and this is superior and blah blah blah but THEN he wants us to run all over God's creation to buy things that are on sale here for a ton cheaper than he can get them back home for my sister. I mean, He wants us to drive an hour each way for a stupid cart that you pull behind a bike for my sisters kid because it's on sale for $89.
This sounds so Canadian. We think everything is cheaper in America. And while it usually is, it's not worth driving around like crazy for!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Today has been a better day. He's been much better behaved LOL. he can still grate on the nerves but I can handle mildly annoying VS outright obnoxious lol. He has spent some nice time with Hannah today and I got a couple good shots of them playing ball together at the family gathering. he is still teasing but not incessantly like he was yesterday

LOL tortilla... yeah it's kind of crazy. my dad, sister and brother drive to Port Huron at least once a week to stock up on groceries. But when gas is $6 a gallon how much could they possibly be saving lol

G.K. Chesterton

Old 04-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Yeah that's what I always wonder. Everyone from home (Toronto) goes shopping in Buffalo. I never really thought the shopping was all that great there anyway, but what do I know? Whatever floats your boat I guess!

And Port Huron for groceries?! My father lives in London and we do the drive to Ohio (through Port Huron) every couple months. Seems crazy far for groceries!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Canada people really drive to Ohio for groceries? I have seen people with Canada plates loading up the car but assumed camping and cedar point or something. Guess they get them while they are here!

I'd leave your computer open to this page and let the fun ensue but I spent the day with the bfs family who does the cant stand you thing one day and why are you not calling me the next. Ugh. Feel for you. My dads so laid back I think he'd get a hotel to stay out of our way( but he lives close)

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Port Huron is in Michigan, right on the border with Sarnia, Ontario. Huron is in Ohio. I used to get them confused all the time! Huron, Ohio would be an even further trek for groceries.